Associate Data Engineer
Data – Data Engineering /
Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital first and customer-obsessed team of over 270 people, living and working across 11 different countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and wellbeing of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose driven and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
About the Role:
Our data team at InDebted focus on developing data science models, deriving BI insights and leveraging other data driven approaches to accelerate our disruption of the traditional debt collection industry.
By utilising the rich datasets we have accumulated from communicating with our customers via digital-first channels and other innovations, we are able to efficiently deliver significantly better collections performance results compared to our peers.
As part of our Research and Development team, you will work along our Engineering, and Product teams to support both our internal teams as well as clients.
About the Role
The Data team at InDebted are developing machine learning models, BI insights dashboards and other data driven approaches to accelerate our disruption of the traditional debt collection industry.
By utilising the rich datasets we have accumulated from communicating with our customers via digital-first channels and other innovations, we are able to efficiently deliver significantly better results compared to our peers. Be part of this exciting journey as an associate data engineer working with our data scientists, data analysts and product managers to build resilient and scalable data platform for our team and clients.
Reporting to the VP of Data and working closely with peers within the Data Engineering team, we are now seeking for an Associate Data Engineer to be based remotely in Sydney, NSW.
What you will be doing:
- Implement data pipelines to extract data from multiple sources.
- Implement data pipelines to transform data using stream, micro-batch or batch methods in preparation for consumption by ML model training, ML model inference, business intelligence analytic tools and self-service platforms.
- Deploy data pipelines following best practice DevOps principles and incorporating automated testing.
- Build and manage robust cloud architectures to provide efficient processing and transformation of data.
- Be a team player, foster a speed-oriented culture in our data team and help to cultivate a fast-growing team.
- Work autonomously and make decisions collaboratively, within a team that will support and challenge you as you grow and develop.
What you have:
- At least 1+ years’ of experience developing data pipelines or software applications that are deployed to cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure.
- Well-versed in multiple programming languages and paradigms, preferably in Python.
- Understanding of containerisation technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) deployments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
What does success look like in 12 months?
- Developed the ability to build data ingestion pipelines on AWS.
- Developed the ability to Identify areas of improvement for data pipeline architecture.
- Understand operation, monitoring and recoveries process.
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career. We also offer:
4DWW - Not a compressed working week, but actually work 4 days, be paid for 5
Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
Employee equity - Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave - We offer a trust based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indebted is also a proud 2022 Circle Back Initiative Global Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.