Boston, MA /
Solutions Engineering /
Company HQ in Boston, MA - Remote candidates welcome. East Coast timezone preferred.
Indico is a venture-backed startup making the application of deep learning practical in the enterprise. Our focus is on helping to automate tedious back-office tasks, and improve the efficiency of labor-intensive document-based workflows. The fundamental branch of technology we use to achieve this is known as transfer learning, which allows us to train machine learning models with orders of magnitude less data than is required by traditional techniques, with a strong emphasis on NLP and text processing.
About the position
As a solution engineer, you will be a part of the front lines. Your work will be diverse and impactful. A large portion of your day-to-day will involve interacting with customers to educate them on the potential applications of machine learning to their business (don't worry, we'll train you), as well as building prototype products and demos that will feed directly into the product roadmap as users respond. As you work through use cases with customers, and implement prototypes on top of Indico's machine learning platform you'll quickly learn to incorporate machine learning components into system-level thinking, becoming familiar with a powerful new tool that is just starting to be adopted in industry. Field engineers are expected to be highly efficient and resourceful when leading these projects. Each customer presents new challenges and requirements, because of this the ideal candidate is able to adapt quickly to each new situation. Your experience in the field from working closely with customers and building user capabilities rooted in machine learning will be key to Indico’s product development decisions.
You are a friendly and enthusiastic person whose dedication to easily maintainable code is rock solid. This is shown by your ability to think creatively about a problem while evaluating what solution will benefit indico’s stack most in the long term rather than the short. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster constructive conversation about personal and professional growth. With all that in mind, most importantly you have fun with it!
- Interact with qualified users and stakeholders, finding the best way to solve their particular needs
- Communicate with clients to ensure that they are comfortable with the adoption of machine learning
- Lead client proof of concepts, primarily consisting of small servers with stylish UIs built on top of indico's internal app-building software: microclimate
- Think critically about new ways to visualize data and make the machine learning process more relatable to end users
- Provide feedback to product management and marketing as we find gaps in existing product capabilities
- Proficiency in Python syntax, data structures and scripting
- Familiarity with Git
- Self-directed and active learner
- Communication-focused, comfortable giving regular updates to stakeholders
- Comfort with basic ETL and data science processes (Pandas)
- Comfort building simple backend servers (Python + Tornado)
- Experience and desire to work with less technical users to help them understand various aspects of technology
- Experience in the field of machine learning
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation skills
- Comfortable leading a small scale user-centric product development process
- 3+ years experience in industry
Indico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our People Operations Team. The People Operations Team at Indico requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact Indico employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Indico.
Indico will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the People Operations Team and the external recruiter/staffing agency does not create any implied obligation on the part of Indico.