indico is a deep learning company that is at the cutting edge of machine learning. Our products enable our customers to analyze text and image data at scale. We are looking for a Field Engineer that wants to be part of this emerging and exciting field and who is also looking to work closely with customers and prospects.
About the position
As one of the company’s public facing, technical resources, your work will be diverse and include things such as: working closely with clients to help them understand the technology, building prototypes and implementing pilot solutions, and contributing to product development and marketing. Field engineers are expected to be highly efficient and resourceful when leading these projects. As a field engineer you will work closely with our client success team on challenging problems. Each customer presents new challenges and requirements, because of this the ideal candidate is able to adapt quickly to each new situation. Your experience in the field from working closely with customers and building user capabilities rooted in machine learning will be key to indico’s product development decisions.
You are a friendly and enthusiastic person whose dedication to easily maintainable code is rock solid. This is shown by your ability to think creatively about a problem while evaluating what solution will benefit indico’s stack most in the long term rather than the short. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster constructive conversation about personal and professional growth. With all that in mind, most importantly you have fun with it!
- Lead client proof of concepts
- Implementation of proof of concepts
- Provide feedback to product management and marketing
- Self-directed and active learner
- Familiarity with frontend development (html, css, js)
- Data science and software engineering experience
- Experience working in python and other dynamic programming languages
- Familiarity with technologies found in enterprise environments
- Experience and desire to work with less technical users to help them understand various aspects of technology
- Travel 20%-30% of the time, meeting with clients in Boston and NYC on occasion
- Experience in the field of machine learning
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation skills
- 3+ years experience