Experience: 3+ years professional experience
indico is a machine learning company turning raw text and image data into actionable insight. We are looking for a Frontend Engineer that wants to make a difference in a challenging domain and who believes that great technology is not truly great unless it’s presented well.
About the position
As a Frontend Engineer your focus will be on the on-going development and maintenance of Thundersnow, indico’s flagship product. You will be responsible for implementing data visualizations and other UI tweaks based on the needs and feedback of our clients, team, and developers who use us. Complementary to this role is the development of smaller applications that will help to demonstrate indico’s technology to potential customers as well as website edits to ensure we are effectively communicating what we offer to our audience. Most importantly you’ll consistently be collaboration with all arms of the company (backend engineering, content, marketing, etc.) and help see to new business objectives.
You are a friendly and enthusiastic person whose dedication to easily maintainable code is rock solid. This is shown by your ability to think creatively about a problem while evaluating what solution will benefit indico’s stack most in the long term rather than the short. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster constructive conversation about personal and professional growth. With all that in mind, most importantly you have fun with it!
- Collaborate with our Lead Frontend Engineer and contribute to the UI of indico’s flagship product: Thundersnow
- Experiment with and implement data visualizations to help manage information overload for our users
- Creating visual demonstrations of indico’s capabilities that will be used as sales and marketing collateral.
- Maintaining and extending an existing set of front-end testing to ensure that our experience is as seamless for users as we think it is
- Monitoring and improving our existing user experience to ensure usability
- Maintaining the external style and presentation of indico
- Self-directed and active learner
- Understand the need for testing and do so regularly
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- D3.js experience or similar
- An interest in machine learning
- Likes to laugh
- Experience with Sass tool sets (bourbon preferred)
- Experience with ES6
- Experience with flux architecture
- Experience in API design and documentation
- Aware of the accessibility requirements in HTML