Director of Sales, APAC (Location Flexible)
San Francisco /
Sales – Global Solutions /
Indiegogo Global Solutions Team’s primary focus is to empower SMBs and Enterprises from around the world to launch innovative products successfully on Indiegogo. As the Director of Sales, APAC, you will be leading our sales and business development efforts in APAC (primarily in Greater China and Japan with growth potential into other markets such as Korea and SouthEast Asia) and play a key role in scaling and optimizing one of the fastest growing business units at Indiegogo.
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner. Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
- Build, manage, lead and inspire a high-performing global sales team to achieve near and long term growth targets.
- Develop and execute comprehensive go-to-market strategies to expand the sales efforts in Greater China, Japan and other APAC markets
- Actively and accurately report and forecast pipeline and performance
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve sales process, efficiency, and productivity across the sales organization
- Be the voice of APAC business at Indiegogo and team lead meetings: 1) Regular reporting and forecasting on market trends, ecosystem climates, and competitor analysis specific to markets under management & 2) Advocate for global growth priorities, country-specific client and product needs, as well as international team needs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Client services, Trust, and back office teams to achieve company-level goals and growth objectives.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese (bonus: fluency in Japanese)
- 4-8+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on revenue, sales and sales leadership
- 2nd-line leadership experience
- Proven track record of scaling sales teams and attaining sales targets
- Proven track record and experience in increasing efficiency and productivity across a growing sales organization across different time zones
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Strong empathy for cross-border business and team building, and a passion for global revenue and growth.
- Polished communicator with a demonstrated ability to form strong relationships, both internally and externally, across multiple office locations in different time zones
- Able to deliver and articulate presentations to senior executives
- Personal experience with crowdfunding
- Experience in cross-border eCommerce, consumer products, or part of the ecosystem
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel, Google G Suite
- Quantitative analytical experience
- Past experience selling to enterprise-level clients (e.g. Fortune 500 companies)
***REMOTE WORK*** Indiegogo is a remote first working culture that that offers coverage for office space where ever you reside domestically.
This role is open to remote US residents. We are currently accepting applications from all parts of the US however International applicants are not currently accepted for the HQ team. Please note that all qualified candidates should have US sponsorship or residency to work in the US.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO.
Indiegogo is committed to respecting your privacy as a job applicant. Please visit our Job Applicant Privacy Statement in our Privacy Portal for more information on your privacy rights and how Indiegogo processes your personal information.
For this role our target annual base salary range is $110K- $150K. This role also includes variable bonus compensation based on performance. Final salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
This position comes with:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Life & disability insurance
- Pet insurance
- Tax-advantaged health accounts
- 401k (Traditional & Roth)
- Mental health & fertility services
- 20+ days of paid time off annually + holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- And more!