Chief of Staff
Washington, DC /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a congressional office, on average, 45 - 60 days to respond to the most basic constituent request? In case you're wondering, we checked! We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for modern representatives. Our platform reduces response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of inbound communication. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy across federal, state, and local governments.
What you'll do
• Advise the CEO and leadership team on various initiatives
• Drive business-critical special projects from development through execution
• Partner with key stakeholders to ensure that sales, professional services, product, and engineering orgs are aligned with key KPIS
• Oversee growth operations and organizational optimization
• Lead the ongoing strategic planning process, including corporate strategy and competitive analysis
• Increase transparency across the organization
• Handle highly confidential and/or sensitive departmental matters with discretion and tact
• Help strategize and plan market expansion
• Partner with leadership in developing presentation materials for board meetings
• 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, and/or growth operations
• 2+ years of experience at a high-growth tech company preferred
• Successful track-record of taking ownership in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment
• Demonstrated history of managing company-wide initiatives, anticipating needs, troubleshooting issues, and responding calmly under pressure
• Strong ability in data analysis and problem-solving
• Ability to marry quantitative data with qualitative insights
• Ability to balance workload under short deadlines and pivot to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Uncanny attention to detail
• Proactively predict big picture impacts of everyday decisions
• Excellent communication skills, with a keen eye for storytelling
• Management consulting experience a strong plus
• Prior political experience or interest a strong plus
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion: You want to meaningfully fix a core component of our democracy. Passion for building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive.
• Accountability & ownership. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of our work. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit: Team members persevere in overcoming obstacles and remain passionate and committed to long term success.
• No Ego/Be Humble: Team members recognize nothing is beneath them, we all pitch-in to get the job done.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer