Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer at Indigov, you will join a close-knit team dedicated to optimizing and expanding our data pipeline. The diversity and size of our data inputs require a complex data pipeline which can process them at scale, which you will take a lead role in continuously improving and refactoring.
What You'll Do:
- Become an expert in every stage of our ETL, including ingestion, optimization, collection, analysis, and normalization
- Learn to skillfully harness Prefect, our chosen job scheduler, to optimize our pipelines
- Design and connect scalable, reliable, and flexible custom architecture in AWS
- Uphold the process and standards for our data ETL when working with our government partners
- Appreciate and understand our clients’ varying data needs, and incorporate them into an increasingly flexible pipeline
- Refactor and optimize our current pipeline codebase
- Collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Excited by hard problems which present unique challenges
- Passionate about architecting and maintaining data pipelines
- Committed to thorough testing, especially during code migrations
- Curious, creative, and eager to find the best solution
- Willing to pitch in where you’re needed, a great teammate
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Hard-working with a strong sense of ownership over your work
- Able to work collaboratively in a remote team setting, communicating proactively
- Empathetic for your coworkers and our customers
- 3+ years of data engineering experience, or equivalent
- Advanced working knowledge of Python
- Deep understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with query optimization
- Skilled with Python pandas, SQL functions, or an equivalent programming language for data management and transformation
- Strong experience building ETL and data pipelines
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experienced with job schedulers, with specific experience in Prefect a plus
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Experience in tech startups is a plus
Ideal Candidates Are:
- Passionate about building beautiful and intuitive products that are moving Democracy forward.
- Accountable to one another, our clients, and the heavy responsibility of working with elected officials and constituents.
- Gritty as working with government and in a tech startup can be challenging, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov:
- Competitive compensation: We believe in equitable compensation, and practice what we preach. In addition to a competitive base salary, you can expect a 401(k), cost of benefits covered at 100% and equity.
- Health & Wellness: Flexible spending accounts to cover medical and dependent care, home office, and wellness stipend. 12+ weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO: with mandatory minimum time off, take a break to rest, recharge and refuel with our unlimited time off policy.
- High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, office space options
- Flexible & Remote-First: Choose a schedule that works for your lifestyle. Work from wherever you call home in the United States
- Mission-driven and values-based company culture that really, really matters to us!
- Drive the technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
- Equal opportunity employer & emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and belonging at Indigov
What We’re Doing:
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it. We believe technology can help bridge the gap between governments and the people they serve. We’re looking for passionate individuals to drive and build a modern constituent service platform for government.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. After going through an exhaustive technical and legal review process with the House of Representatives and the Senate, we recently closed our Series B and are live in hundreds of offices across federal, state, and local governments. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who We Are:
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. As of Summer 2022, we are about 75 employees and continuing to grow. We lead with our mission and values, and are committed to building and maintaining a positive and connected work culture.
Applying at Indigov:
Studies show that Women and People of Color are both less likely to apply to jobs without meeting every single requirement listed. If this role excites you and you feel that you’d be a great fit, even if you don’t meet every requirement above, please apply! Each and every application is carefully considered, and we’d love to see your resume. Feel free to include a note to share why you think you’d be a great fit if your resume is a little different than the profile above.