Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, California /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of inbound communication. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live in member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you’ll do
• Own one or more parts of our website stack, developing new user-facing features
• Write concise, legible code and sensible tests to build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
• Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Build products, systems, and services that impact our customers and their constituencies
• Own the solutions you build, managing complexity and stakeholders directly
• 4-10+ years of professional experience
• Deep knowledge of the technical architecture of web applications
• Ability to write performant and extensible web components in React
• Knowledge of cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility issues
• Experience in the use of web design tools and content management systems
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong portfolio of executed designs that exist in production
• Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
• Ability to strongly articulate and defend your choices to peers and cross-functional team
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
Technologies we use
• Zendesk APIs (Support, Sunshine, etc)
• Zendesk Apps Framework
The values we care about the most
• Passion for meaningfully fixing a core component of our democracy. Passion for building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive.
• Accountability & ownership. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of our work. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that other startups aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that passion!
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer