Washington, DC /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this is as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live with member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
● Responsible for the complete sales cycle, from lead generation to close.
● Meet and ideally exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
● Generate and qualify customer leads in your territory
● Conduct virtual and in-person presentations and product demonstrations for potential clients
● Empathize with prospective client challenges and clearly communicate how the Indigov platform will remedy challenges, improve effectiveness, and help achieve goals
● Successfully transition new customers to our Client Success team
● Collaborate with Client Success and Product teams to develop and refine our sales collateral, sales operations, and onboarding processes
● Develop and maintain a strong sense of how our competitor’s products compare
● Maintain an accurate opportunity pipeline and monthly sales forecast
● 4+ years of software sales experience selling into the federal market (SaaS a plus)
● Bonus points for Capitol Hill experience as a staffer, lobbyist, etc.
● Ability to manage a strong opportunity pipeline and run an effective sales process using both virtual and in-person presentation tools
● Strong track record of exceeding sales quotas in a high-velocity sales organization
● Adept at understanding and articulating new technologies, and mapping the respective value propositions to client needs
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail
● Ability to strongly articulate and defend your choices to peers and cross-functional team
● Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Values we care about the most
● Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
● Accountability & ownership. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
● Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality
Working at Indigov
● Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
● High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
● Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
● Equal opportunity employer