Technical Project Manager
Indigov is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our Engineering team and manage project workflows, facilitate cross-functional status reports and updates, and serve as Scrum master. You’d be joining a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team at the perfect time to make maximum impact on our engineering efficiency and overall company mission.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, integrate, track, and lead multiple projects and scrum teams (both product development and InfoSec) to successful completion towards company-wide objectives
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies including sprint planning meetings and backlog refinement, standups, and retrospectives.
- Gather and develop a deep understanding of stakeholder requirements.
- Outline dependent features and resource needs to ensure success on current engineering objectives.
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering leadership on project prioritization and resource allocation to achieve a desired business outcome or unblock delivery.
- Use your judgment to identify risks and dependencies. Report out to company leadership about any blockers and cross-functional needs to optimize engineering workflow.
- Apply your experience and project management best practices to increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams with which you work.
- Communicate on the status of engineering projects with the rest of the company including facilitating bi-weekly R&D demos to keep our employees up-to-date on product developments.
- Maintain engineering metrics dashboards, Confluence pages, and Jira boards with accuracy as projects progress
- Influence and communicate well with engineers at all levels, and contribute to a positive, connected team environment
- 5+ years of project management experience for product development teams, preferably in a Software as a Service (SaaS) company. Experience working with security and/or infrastructure teams is a plus!
- Fluent in software development processes (SDLC), especially Scrum
- Experience with project tools like Jira and Confluence, as well as building and maintaining dashboards and charts
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience affecting change within Engineering teams, ability to communicate with engineers effectively
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and excitement in our mission to improve democracy!
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 - $120,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level.
Ideal Candidates Are:
- Passionate about building beautiful and intuitive products that are moving Democracy forward.
- Accountable to one another, our clients, and the heavy responsibility of working with elected officials and constituents.
- Gritty as working with government and in a tech startup can be challenging, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov:
- Competitive compensation: We believe in equitable compensation, and practice what we preach. In addition to a competitive base salary, you can expect a 401(k), cost of benefits covered at 100% and equity.
- Health & Wellness: Flexible spending accounts to cover medical and dependent care, home office, and wellness stipend. 12+ weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO: with mandatory minimum time off, take a break to rest, recharge and refuel with our unlimited time off policy.
- High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, office space options
- Flexible & Remote-First: Choose a schedule that works for your lifestyle. Work from wherever you call home in the United States
- Mission-driven and values-based company culture that really, really matters to us!
- Drive the technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
- Equal opportunity employer & emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and belonging at Indigov
What We’re Doing:
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it. We believe technology can help bridge the gap between governments and the people they serve. We’re looking for passionate individuals to drive and build a modern constituent service platform for government.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. After going through an exhaustive technical and legal review process with the House of Representatives and the Senate, we recently closed our Series B and are live in hundreds of offices across federal, state, and local governments. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who We Are:
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. As of Summer 2022, we are about 75 employees and continuing to grow. We lead with our mission and values, and are committed to building and maintaining a positive and connected work culture.
Applying at Indigov:
Studies show that Women and People of Color are both less likely to apply to jobs without meeting every single requirement listed. If this role excites you and you feel that you’d be a great fit, even if you don’t meet every requirement above, please apply! Each and every application is carefully considered, and we’d love to see your resume. Feel free to include a note to share why you think you’d be a great fit if your resume is a little different than the profile above.