Washington, DC /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. After going through an exhaustive technical and legal review process with the House of Representatives, we recently closed our Series A and are live in hundreds of offices across federal, state, and local governments. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
Indigov is actively looking for an Executive Assistant based in Washington, DC to support our Founder and CEO.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the CEO and executive team with the goal of optimizing the executive branch, helping it reach full potential
- Increase transparency across the organization; helping executives see what they otherwise would have to request and aligning team members with the executive vision
- Partner with our CEO and Executive Team to ensure they are focusing on the right requests at the right time
- Manage executive emails, calendars, and time - balancing shifting priorities
- Proactively develop relationships with key internal partners, gaining company wide trust as a key leader
- Build briefing packages, agendas, meeting minutes, and follow-up plans
- Coordinate detailed travel reservations and troubleshoot changes efficiently
- Manage expense reports for CEO
- Be a sounding board and confidant to keep the executive well informed and help facilitate decision making
- Plan and coordinate team all-hands meetings, internal events, offsites, and all related logistical and budget requirements
- Attend team meetings and track action items, assist with day-to-day projects, help build and improve processes and systems
- Serve as primary Office Manager for DC Office space
- Handle highly confidential and/or sensitive departmental matters with discretion and tact
- 2+ years of Executive Assistant experience, preferably at a fast-growing startup
- Track record of driving the executive team towards clear goals
- Demonstrated history of managing company-wide initiatives, anticipating needs, troubleshooting issues, and responding calmly under pressure
- Ability to balance workload under short deadlines and pivot to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A natural comfort for being a visible leader responsible for managing strategic initiatives across various stakeholders
- Proactively predict big picture impacts of everyday decisions
- Willingness to dive into the deep end with limited oversight and direction
- The passion and humility to hold opinions both strongly and lightly; as well as the wisdom to know when to pursue each respective course of action
- Ability to act in ambiguity while exercising good judgment and discretion in all tasks
- Uncanny attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Prior political experience or interest a strong plus
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
• Accountability. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer