Director of Product Management
San Francisco, California /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a congressional office, on average, 45 - 60 days to respond to the most basic constituent request? In case you're wondering, we checked! We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for modern representatives. Our platform reduces response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of inbound communication. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy across federal, state, and local governments.
What you’ll do
• Develop the next generation of technology powering our democracy and improve the ease with which constituents and elected officials communicate
• Lead our strategic roadmap, new feature development, and rapidly scaling product organization
• Create the vision for future products alongside our CTO, CEO, COO, and Head of Client Services
• Hire, manage, and grow a team of Product Managers
• Build and execute GTM strategies
• Run competitive analysis/teardowns of competitive products and determining feature gaps
• Optimize feature decisions that support revenue growth
• Build and own a financial model of the business and how individual product features support that
• Ideate, develop, and launch features that simplify our complex product
• Develop beautiful designs and delightful experiences
• Not afraid to dive into the weeds as a product manager
• Someone who believes in the mission of Indigov
• 5+ years of direct product management experience
• 2+ years experience hiring, training and mentoring other product managers
• Demonstrated ability to hire and build out product management teams
• Managed products END-to-END over a period of years
• Owed the development, performance and outcome of the same product through hundreds of cycles
• Structured a product organization to support engineering velocity (design, eng, customer service, sales, CEO etc…)
• An expert in lean testing frameworks: Clear declaration of assumptions, building testable hypotheses, setting validation hurdles with key metrics, creating MVP’s, executing, evaluating/pivoting/retesting.
• Managed a product vision over the course of years with demonstrated growth/performance results, identifying constructive misuse from customers and integrating into feature roadmap
• Extensive experience building product performance dashboards, defining OKR’s and reporting on them regularly to executive staff/board members
• Extensive experience running longitudinal a/b testing experiments to validate strategies before we build them
• Demonstrated ability to write user stories with concrete, and complete acceptance criteria, calling out exception cases and metrics that support every feature.
• Demonstrated ability to ingest feedback/data/input from all key stakeholders, build a product strategy and roadmap and sell it other people inside of an organization
• Experience managing both mobile and web product
• Ability to project confidence in environments of high ambiguity
• A propensity to accept responsibility and defer praise to others
• An individual that can recognize product or metrics based biases openly and separate them from key decisions
• Someone who can hold their own when receiving vociferous pushback from stakeholders and make the right call always optimizing for the end user above all else
• Experience driving large scale architectural decisions with a rapidly evolving deployed solution
• Experience working in, with or around legislative offices
• A pre-existing interest in the systems of government
• Experience with ML/NLP based products and features
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion: You want to meaningfully fix a core component of our democracy.. Passion for building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive.
• Accountability & ownership. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of our work. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit: Team members persevere in overcoming obstacles and remain passionate and committed to long term success
• No Ego/Be Humble: Team members recognize nothing is beneath them, we all pitch-in to get the job done.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer