Director of Enterprise Sales
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live with member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
• Grow and manage a sales team - hiring, coaching, and developing top sales talent
• Collaborate with AEs and execs to define and improve the sales process
• Lead strategic planning for AE programs including: pipeline goals, hiring, specializing motions, campaign planning, and rep enablement
• Bring clear strategic thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging sales systems and tools
• Become a domain expert, staying up to date with industry and competitive landscape knowledge
• Manage, develop and maintain relationships with elected officials and Members of Congress to optimize profitability, revenue, and client satisfaction
• Identify opportunities, develop strategies, and design the execution of projects and programs to increase productivity and improve operational efficiency
• Partner with Professional Service, Product, and Engineering to equip the Sales org with the most up-to-date product offerings
• 2+ years growing, managing, and leading B2B SaaS sales teams
• 8+ years of sales experience
• Proven track record of accurate forecasting, managing through data, and overachieving high growth sales targets
• Strong leadership skills; ability to lead, develop and manage a team of people, keeping team moral and productivity high
• Excellent written and oral communication, as well as presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly
• A deep personal alignment with the Indigov mission of making government more efficient and effective through technology
• Demonstrated track record of building a sales organization at an early stage a plus
• Experience selling into government a plus
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
• Accountability. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer