California - Remote /
The Indigov Revenue team is growing, and we are looking for sales professionals interested in selling at the state and city leve, with a focus on our customers on the West Coast. We sell best-in-class software that elected officials use to improve the user experience of democracy for their constituents. You'd be selling to Mayors, City Council Members, School Boards, and other city/county level elected officials and making a direct impact on millions of Americans.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the complete sales cycle, from lead generation to close.
- Meet and ideally exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Generate and qualify customer leads in your territory
- Conduct virtual and in-person presentations and product demonstrations for potential clients
- Empathize with prospective client challenges and clearly communicate how the Indigov platform will remedy challenges, improve effectiveness, and help achieve goals
- Successfully transition new customers to our Client Success team
- Collaborate with Client Success Product, and Marketing teams to develop and refine our sales collateral, sales operations, and client onboarding processes
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of key competitive differentiators
- Maintain an accurate opportunity pipeline and sales forecast (Prior experience with Salesforce preferred but not required)
- 4+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience or relevant industry/government experience preferred
- Ability to manage a strong opportunity pipeline and run an effective sales process using both virtual and in-person presentation tools
- Strong track record of exceeding sales quotas in a high-velocity sales organization
- Adept at understanding and articulating new technologies, and mapping the respective value propositions to client needsExperience selling into government a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to strongly articulate and defend your choices to peers and cross-functional team
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for Capitol Hill or state, local, or municipal government experience experience as a staffer, lobbyist, etc.
$70,000 - $90,000 a year
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $65,000 - $90,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. OTE for this role is $150,000 - 180,000.
Ideal Candidates Are:
- Passionate about building beautiful and intuitive products that are moving Democracy forward.
- Accountable to one another, our clients, and the heavy responsibility of working with elected officials and constituents.
- Gritty as working with government and in a tech startup can be challenging, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov:
- Competitive compensation: We believe in equitable compensation, and practice what we preach. In addition to a competitive base salary, you can expect a 401(k), cost of benefits covered at 100% and equity.
- Health & Wellness: Flexible spending accounts to cover medical and dependent care, home office, and wellness stipend. 12+ weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO: with mandatory minimum time off, take a break to rest, recharge and refuel with our unlimited time off policy.
- High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, office space options
- Flexible & Remote-First: Choose a schedule that works for your lifestyle. Work from wherever you call home in the United States
- Mission-driven and values-based company culture that really, really matters to us!
- Drive the technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
- Equal opportunity employer & emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and belonging at Indigov
What We’re Doing:
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it. We believe technology can help bridge the gap between governments and the people they serve. We’re looking for passionate individuals to drive and build a modern constituent service platform for government.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. Today, you can find Indigov being used at all levels of government, including United States Congress, State Legislatures, Governors, Attorneys General, County Executives, Mayors, and City + County Councils. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who We Are:
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. As of 2023, we are about 85 employees and continuing to grow. We lead with our mission and values, and are committed to building and maintaining a positive and connected work culture.