Senior Product Manager
Washington DC/Remote /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. After going through an exhaustive technical and legal review process with the House of Representatives, we recently closed our Series A and are live in hundreds of offices across federal, state, and local governments. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
- Indigov is looking for a passionate Senior Product Manager with proven track record of product management in rapidly growing SaaS companies to join our Product team. As an early hire in our Product org, you'll develop new solutions for elected officials and staffers, and play a critical role in our scaling organization.
- Own the product roadmap for our constituent management platform, developing new features and ensuring stability and scalability on our platform
- Work with our top-flight design and engineering teams to develop solutions for elected officials and staffers that feel intuitive and make their lives easier
- Partner with Sales, Customer Support, and Professional Services to understand our client needs and paint the picture of where our products are headed for representatives from all levels of government
- Work cross functionally to coordinate sprints, releases, retrospectives, and enablement for all features on the platform
- Help build out the Product Org of a rapidly growing organization so we can scale R&D
- 3-5 years of experience building software products
- Intellectual curiosity to understand highly technical problems and tooling solutions
- Proven ability to help build and launch technical products
- Keen sense of how to make trade off on competing priorities
- Ability to articulate and defend your choices to peers and cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across wide range of formats and audiences (leadership presentations, marketing materials, internal documentation, customer enablement, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Enjoys working in ambiguous environments
- Ability to learn on the go and pass that knowledge on to others
- Interest in helping to build a strong product org and shape R&D culture at a fast growing company
- Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience to government, technology, and/or product management
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
• Accountability. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer