Client Support Associate
Washington, DC /
Professional Services /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live with member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
• You will work on the Client Success/Professional Services Team as a member of the Client Support Team -- contributing to building out standards and process for scalable growth
• Aid clients immediate needs using a number of tools such as email support, phone support, and live chat
• Fully dig-in and resolve client issues with an empathetic and cheerful disposition
• Build out support materials and a support resource center
• Communicate effectively with internal leadership to identify customer pain points and propose solutions to policy and user experience
• 0 - 2 years of experience working in a direct, customer-facing support role
• Proven ability to communicate complex technical problems in a friendly and professional tone over phone, chat, and email
• Ability to utilize proactive empathy, understanding and addressing customer needs before the customer has to ask
• Experience with tools such as Zendesk or other customer support ticket software
• Ability to prioritize and work autonomously as well as a part of the team
• Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as needed based on business demands
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
• Accountability. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer