San Francisco, California /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live with member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
• Data Engineer passionate about architecting and maintaining data pipelines, ingestion, optimization, collection, analysis, and normalization
• Ability to learn the process and standards for our data ETL when working with our government partners
• Design system architecture in AWS
• 2- 4 years of data engineering experience, ideally at a fast-growing Saas Company
• Comfortable working in SQL and relational databases
• Some knowledge of query optimization, data compression and streaming techniques
• Some experience building ETL and data pipelines, e.g. Airflow, Prefect, etc.
• General comfort developing in a well-documented service architecture
• Strong cross-functional communication skills
• Experience in tech startups is a plus
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
• Accountability. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer