San Francisco/Remote /
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live with member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
• Build products, systems, and services that impact our customers and their constituencies
• Write concise, legible code and sensible tests
• Own solutions end to end, managing complexity and stakeholders directly
• Debug production issues related to your code and area of expertise
• 2-4 years of professional experience
• Ability to write high-quality and well-documented code
• Willingness to learn new technologies and systems across the web stack
• Familiarity with the high-level technical architecture of web applications
• Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
Technologies we use
• Zendesk APIs (Support, Sunshine, etc)
• Zendesk Apps Framework
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
• Accountability. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer