Video and Motion Graphics Producer
The Indivisible Project is looking for a Video Producer to create compelling videos and motion graphics to support our movement-wide goals.
They will work to create videos that demystify complicated policies (the Tax Scam, healthcare, immigration) and political systems (voter registration, canvassing, Get Out the Vote) from ideation to final product. They will also seek out compelling stories from the thousands of Indivisible groups on the ground working to reclaim our democracy and resist the GOP’s agenda and turn them into engaging narrative videos. These videos will primarily be shared on social media platforms.
This position reports to our Editorial Manager and will work closely with all members of the communications team. The Video Producer and Editorial Manager will work in deep collaboration to gather footage, produce videos, and build a library of a variety of multimedia content from our movement. This role will also work across the entire organization -- including the political, policy, organizing, and development teams -- to effectively tell our story and achieve our goals.
This is a full-time position, preferably based in DC, salary starting at $51,500, commensurate with experience and in alignment with organizational equity. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package, including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a professional development stipend, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
- Video production and creation
- Capturing and sourcing footage or imagery, b-roll, voice-overs and background sound and music
- Producing videos from ideation to a final product
- Develop and manage video production processes
- Create motion projects from composited text, graphics, stock footage, and effects over footage to completely animated videos
- Support Editorial Manager to devise a video calendar with video concepts, production dates, timelines, deadlines, budgets and workflows
- Equipping and maintaining mobile and semi-permanent video studios
- Work with Editorial Manager and other members of the Communications team to ensure proper planning (concept, storyboarding, direction, scripting) exists to begin a project
- Communicate openly across the team to ensure appropriate and timely dissemination of content
- Build a content library
- Research, and make recommendations, for housing b-roll footage, footage collected from social media, and miscellaneous footage
- Properly compile and archive said footage
- Maintain content library, with support from other members of the Communications team
- 3-year minimum experience for video editing which should include 1-year minimum experience doing graphic design
- Strong Proficiency in editing audio, video, and photos with digital editing tools such as the Adobe Creative suite of software
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in creating compelling content, and how users experience video across multiple platforms (websites, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Experience creating both rough-cut, short videos and longer, produced videos
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with ease, and hit deadlines
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team and cross-team environment
- Alignment with the Indivisible mission and commitment to locally-led, grassroots, progressive activism
- Live event coverage, live-streaming, or studio production
- Training or coaching others to shoot/edit video
- Voice over recording and editing
- Loves to experiment and try to tell stories in new and different ways
At the top or bottom of this post, click “Apply for this Job.” On the application page, please attach your resume or CV, and a link to your reel. No cover letter necessary.
About the Indivisible Project
We’re building something new. We’re a progressive grassroots organization that began in the aftermath of Trump’s election and rapidly scaled nationwide, with thousands of volunteer-led local groups covering every state in the country. To support this movement, we’ve built an incredible team at the national level. We dream big, we support each other, and we have fun doing it.
We’re changing what’s politically possible. Indivisible is part of the powerful progressive movement reaction to Trump, fighting the racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, and authoritarian agenda trumpeted by Trump and the GOP congress. Don’t take our word for it; Indivisible has been featured on the Rachel Maddow show multiple times, as well as in the New York Times and in pretty much every other major news outlet in the country.
We’re building together. We’re building a new organization every day - a rare opportunity to model what we want to see in the world. We’re deeply committed to equity and building a diverse and inclusive organization.
We’re looking for you. If you want to fight for the soul of American democracy, there’s no better place to be than Indivisible. We’re looking for more team members who are passionate about resisting the Trump agenda and committed to getting results. It’s an exciting, fulfilling place if you’re someone who wants to fight fiercely for the progressive world we want to have.
Every one of us on the national team is here because we believe this movement is the best way to retake and build progressive power in this country. Does that ring true for you? If so, great - throw your hat in the ring to join our team. Let’s start #winning together.
Indivisible Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.