Reporting to the Associate Creative Director, the Designer will assist, develop, and lead print, digital, and branding activities and initiatives as a member of Indivisible’s creative team. They will play an essential role in managing and developing design work streams, continually assessing and identifying opportunities for improvement.
The ideal candidate is passionate about design and its impact, is a strategic thinker with a focus on designing to leverage and honor all people’s abilities and preferences, and demonstrates a strong understanding of brand identity systems. Must possess the ability to clearly communicate design concepts and processes to non-designers. Works collaboratively to further departmental and organizational goals, adheres to deadlines, and successfully balances competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This position is a full-time, manager level position with the salary range starting at $58,500, commensurate with experience. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package, including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a professional development stipend, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
- Design/Content Creation
- Work collaboratively to shape and execute design ideas and initiatives;
- Develop, create, and/or acquire assets for print and digital use;
- Successfully communicate visual ideas, rationale, and specifics of design solutions;
- Contribute to and continually improve internal design systems and documentation;
- Maintain project schedules and delivery procedures;
- Manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity and involvement;
- Provide feedback and guidance to other creative team members; and
- Design for effective and inclusive user experience and interaction.
- Brand Development and Stewardship
- Help develop and implement the visual identity of initiatives;
- Implement and expand upon Indivisible’s overall design strategy and identity; and
- Ensure that Indivisible’s main brand and sub-brand guidelines are clearly articulated and up to date.
- Other Communications Support
- Support and facilitate coordination of design portion of campaigns across teams and with outside stakeholders;
- Contribute to strategy documents;
- Assist as needed with research and organizational projects; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to six years of related experience in a professional capacity;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop);
- Experience coordinating project deliverables across teams and with outside vendors;
- Knowledge of current visual and branding trends with a passion for brand strategy work;
- Basic proficiency in HTML and CSS;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment;
- Highly organized and adept at maintaining digital asset management strategies;
- Motivation and willingness to learn; and
- Alignment on the core values and strategy of the Indivisible Project.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides;
- Familiarity with video editing; and
- Familiarity with motion graphics
In your application for this position, please include a cover letter that links to a portfolio or examples of your work. Your cover letter should be a statement of purpose. We’re interested in what you’re passionate about and why you’re passionate about it:
- Tell us what you care about and work on.
- Tell us why you are passionate about your work.
- Tell us why this opportunity will help you reach your potential.
- Tell us how you will contribute to our team.
About the Indivisible Project
We’re building something new. We’re a progressive grassroots organization that began in the aftermath of Trump’s election and rapidly scaled nationwide, with thousands of volunteer-led local groups covering every state in the country. To support this movement, we’ve built an incredible team at the national level. We dream big, we support each other, and we have fun doing it.
We’re changing what’s politically possible. Indivisible is part of the powerful progressive movement reaction to Trump, fighting the racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, and authoritarian agenda trumpeted by Trump and the GOP congress. Don’t take our word for it; Indivisible has been featured on the Rachel Maddow show multiple times, as well as in the New York Times and in pretty much every other major news outlet in the country.
We’re building together. We’re building a new organization every day - a rare opportunity to model what we want to see in the world. We’re deeply committed to equity and building a diverse and inclusive organization.
We’re looking for you. If you want to fight for the soul of American democracy, there’s no better place to be than Indivisible. We’re looking for more team members who are passionate about resisting the Trump agenda and committed to getting results. It’s an exciting, fulfilling place if you’re someone who wants to fight fiercely for the progressive world we want to have.
Every one of us on the national team is here because we believe this movement is the best way to retake and build progressive power in this country. Does that ring true for you? If so, great - throw your hat in the ring to join our team. Let’s start #winning together.
Indivisible Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.