Digital Fundraising Strategist
We’re hiring a Digital Fundraising Strategist to support Indivisible’s digital fundraising program strategy and execution across our email, social media, SMS, and web platforms. Reporting to the Director of Digital Fundraising, they’ll work closely with senior members of each department to develop compelling, timely, and factual asks to ensure we have the resources to support our movement’s work and are able to stay true to our fundraising philosophy.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with enthusiasm for and expertise in grassroots fundraising for political or advocacy campaigns. They’ll have experience raising online donations for an organization where small-dollar gifts make up 50% or more of an organization’s or campaign’s annual budget, a mind for testing and analytics, and an eagerness to learn Indivisible’s voice and approach to fundraising. Last, but not least, they should have a strong interest in progressive advocacy (especially immigrant rights, health care, and economic justice) and electoral politics.
We are hiring for this position immediately. This position is full-time, with a salary range starting at $58,500 per year, commensurate with experience. The position is based in Washington D.C., however, remote applicants may be considered. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
- Fundraising campaign planning and execution:
- Develop multi-channel fundraising campaigns to help meet short-term and long-term fundraising goals across various digital platforms (email, social media, SMS, and websites), overseeing management and execution.
- Coordinate with program staff across the organization to develop fundraising campaigns that reflect organizational strategy and fund planned programs and tactics.
- Collaborate with the Creative, Web, and Digital Campaigns Teams to optimize landing and donation pages and implement testing plans to improve performance and increase income.
- Work with other members of the communications team to develop collateral for said campaigns.
- In coordination with the Development and Data Teams, analyze and report out on results to key senior team members on a routine basis.
- Donor stewardship and cultivation:
- Create and implement a donor cultivation strategy to further engage small-dollar donors in our organization’s work.
- Send regular VIP donor newsletters to our thousands of donors.
- Develop and implement a retention strategy for monthly donors.
- Create and implement a re-engagement strategy for our email supporters who’ve become inactive.
- Creating compelling content:
- Quickly learn tone, style, and message of Indivisible across all platforms (email, online advertising, SMS, social media, website, etc.) to accurately and effectively communicate fundraising asks.
- Write complex, informative, aspirational content in Indivisible’s voice to encourage people to give to our movement, including rapid response opportunities, monthly giving, and other special appeals across all digital channels, including web, social, SMS, and email to raise several million dollars in 2019.
- Develop pieces varying in size from 80 characters on a website banner to (as many as) 1,000 words for an email fundraising ask, and everything in between.
- Staging and testing donation pages in ActBlue.
- Other communications responsibilities as needed:
- Copywriting support for other team members
- Peer-editing and reviewing of other content
- Email staging support
- 3 or more years experience working in digital fundraising roles OR two cycles on Democratic political campaigns in a digital capacity, with at least 3 years’ experience working in a fundraising capacity
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially written and verbal communications
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences, with different voices
- Ability to work collaboratively and across teams
- Understanding of the progressive digital advocacy and online fundraising landscape and best practices for digital programs
- Extensive experience with email systems (ActionKit, Blue State Digital, Action Network, Convio), online fundraising systems (ActBlue, Luminate, Salesforce), and website CMSs (Wordpress, Squarespace, Drupal)
- Experience constructing and checklisting HTML emails
- Attention to detail
- Alignment on the core values and strategy of the Indivisible Project
- Basic HTML or CSS experience
- Ability to create graphics through tools like Photoshop and Canva
- Experience working raising more than $1 million from online donations annually
- Experience cultivating high-dollar individual donors
About the Indivisible Project
We’re building something new. We’re a progressive grassroots organization that began in the aftermath of Trump’s election and rapidly scaled nationwide, with thousands of volunteer-led local groups covering every state in the country. To support this movement, we’ve built an incredible team at the national level. We dream big, we support each other, and we have fun doing it.
We’re changing what’s politically possible. Indivisible is part of the powerful progressive movement reaction to Trump, fighting the racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, and authoritarian agenda trumpeted by Trump and the GOP congress. Don’t take our word for it; Indivisible has been featured on the Rachel Maddow show multiple times, as well as in the New York Times and in pretty much every other major news outlet in the country.
We’re building together. We’re building a new organization every day - a rare opportunity to model what we want to see in the world. We’re deeply committed to equity and building a diverse and inclusive organization.
We’re looking for you. If you want to fight for the soul of American democracy, there’s no better place to be than Indivisible. We’re looking for more team members who are passionate about resisting the Trump agenda and committed to getting results. It’s an exciting, fulfilling place if you’re someone who wants to fight fiercely for the progressive world we want to have.
Every one of us on the national team is here because we believe this movement is the best way to retake and build progressive power in this country. Does that ring true for you? If so, great - throw your hat in the ring to join our team. Let’s start #winning together.
Indivisible Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.