SQL Server Database Engineer (Virtual/Remote)
Client Success - Federal – CDC /
Mission + People + Culture: With a corporate Mission to stop disease through technology, InductiveHealth is the market leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to public health agencies. Our People come from all backgrounds and walks of life ranging from world class experts in epidemiology, informatics, and disease surveillance to engineers and product teams building high performance, modern solutions. Mission + People are unified around a virtual first Culture centered around teamwork, relentless focus on client outcomes, and individual accountability.
Why work at InductiveHealth?
1. Motivation: We value initiative-takers and self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our Team and client outcomes.
2. Curiosity: Seeking to understand and comprehend is critical - we expect and encourage questions to master job duties and grow professionally.
3. Organization: We are a Team. This means we hold each other accountable and have high expectations for performance and outcomes.
4. Feedback: "Open and honest" is part of our corporate values that builds a culture of professional growth to support client success.
5. Impact: Your individual contributions will stop the spread of disease and improve individual, community, and population health outcomes.
The SQL Server Database Engineer is an integral part of the Client Success Team and is focused on the technical database, configuration, and support of disease surveillance solutions. To be successful as a SQL Server Database Engineer, you should listen to internal customers’ feedback and implement strategies to drive database stability and reliability. A top-notch SQL Server Database Engineer should understand how all parts of the data ingestion process work together in order to promote a dependable database environment. In this role, you'll participate in the development of leading-edge technology and work with a mission-driven team to shape the future of public health technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with individual clients to understand their requests relative to internal procedures and system standards.
- Understand the way in which different parts of the data flow process work together.
- Monitor and verify the health of the data/database environments across servers.
- Create system and technical documentation and specifications for database procedures and standard solutions.
- Evaluate technical solutions and database deliverables for scope adherence and potential scope creep – communicate with team leadership on details and next steps.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when developing database solutions.
- Provide internal client feedback in a timely manner to ensure that development or modification meets the clients’ needs.
What we're looking for:
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, IT, software engineering, or similar
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with large scale software database projects and processes
- Intermediate level experience in SQL Server stored procedures, SQL, data replication and SSIS
- Intermediate level experience with the development of dynamic sql, loop processing and cross-server database considerations
- Intermediate level experience with SQL performance tuning
- Intermediate level experience with data analysis and root cause identification
- Intermediate knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, system security, database management and web platforms
- Provide accurate and timely work estimates
- Time management and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical information in layman's terms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Preference for candidates in EST or CST time zones
- At this time, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position
- This role requires a limited amount of support outside of normal business hours.
Benefits and Perks: InductiveHealth offers competitive benefits and perks including:
· Virtual first, remote organization and culture
· Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401(k) retirement plan with corporate matching
· Medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage (multiple plans based on your needs)
· Short Term and Long Term Disability (for employee)
· Life Insurance (for employee)
· New Team Member support for home office setup
Target Salary Bands: Each team member’s compensation decisions are based on several inputs, and we expect many of the candidates who are offered positions to fall within the advertised salary band. We recognize that the team member hired may be less (or more) experienced than the posted job description therefore impacting compensation decisions.
About InductiveHealth: InductiveHealth (www.inductivehealth.com) was co-founded by Matthew Dollacker and Stephen Macauley in 2013. Today, InductiveHealth is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has over 80 team members across the United States supporting state, tribal, local, and territorial (STLT) public health agencies in addition to Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In early 2021, InductiveHealth became the exclusive commercial partner of John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) for the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) syndromic surveillance solution. To accelerate growth in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, InductiveHealth become a portfolio company of Diversis Capital (https://www.diversis.com/) in early 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.