Systems Cloud Engineer (Virtual/Remote)
Client Success - Federal – CDC /
Mission + People + Culture: With a corporate Mission to stop disease through technology, InductiveHealth is the market leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to public health agencies. Our People come from all backgrounds and walks of life ranging from world class experts in epidemiology, informatics, and disease surveillance to engineers and product teams building high performance, modern solutions. Mission + People are unified around a virtual first Culture centered around teamwork, relentless focus on client outcomes, and individual accountability.
Why work at InductiveHealth?
1. Motivation: We value initiative-takers and self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our Team and client outcomes.
2. Curiosity: Seeking to understand and comprehend is critical - we expect and encourage questions to master job duties and grow professionally.
3. Organization: We are a Team. This means we hold each other accountable and have high expectations for performance and outcomes.
4. Feedback: "Open and honest" is part of our corporate values that builds a culture of professional growth to support client success.
5. Impact: Your individual contributions will stop the spread of disease and improve individual, community, and population health outcomes.
We're seeking a Systems Cloud Engineer knowledgeable in cloud systems engineering and providing DevOps support. This role will be focused on the systems and security around surveillance software. You'll participate in planning, designing, installing, maintaining and monitoring networks and work with a mission-driven team to shape the future of stopping disease through technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan, design, install, maintain, and/or monitor networks
- Evaluate hardware and software suitable for networks
- Server Administration
- Active Directory Management
- Provide DevOps support
- Design, test, and implement interface programs
- Develop security procedures
- Manage network performance
- Recommend changes in methods or procedures
What we're looking for:
- 5 years of relevant experience working as a Network or Systems Cloud Engineer
- Must have experience with Linux Administration, Bash Scripting, Python, and Serverless Computing
- AWS/Cloud architect experience is a must
- Familiarity with AWS GovCloud and family of products, AMI backups and administration highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Systems management including security audits
- Interested in policy development and documentation
- Cognitive thinking skills - proactive, emphasis on details, and motivated
What would make you stand out:
- Automation experience
- Patch management and solutions
- JSON programming experience
- Trend Micro - Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDS) knowledge
- Interaction and knowledge of IDS including daily monitoring and SSL certs maintenance
- Windows Server Administration
- Rstudio server management
Position is virtual/remote with preference for candidates on the East coast of the United States
Benefits and Perks: InductiveHealth offers competitive benefits and perks including:
· Virtual first, remote organization and culture
· Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401(k) retirement plan with corporate matching
· Medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage (multiple plans based on your needs)
· Short Term and Long Term Disability (for employee)
· Life Insurance (for employee)
· New Team Member support for home office setup
Target Salary Bands: Each team member’s compensation decisions are based on several inputs, and we expect many of the candidates who are offered positions to fall within the advertised salary band. We recognize that the team member hired may be less (or more) experienced than the posted job description therefore impacting compensation decisions.
About InductiveHealth: InductiveHealth (www.inductivehealth.com) was co-founded by Matthew Dollacker and Stephen Macauley in 2013. Today, InductiveHealth is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has over 80 team members across the United States supporting state, tribal, local, and territorial (STLT) public health agencies in addition to Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In early 2021, InductiveHealth became the exclusive commercial partner of John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) for the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) syndromic surveillance solution. To accelerate growth in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, InductiveHealth become a portfolio company of Diversis Capital (https://www.diversis.com/) in early 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.