Washington, District Of Columbia /
Design – Design /
As a Product Designer, you will research and design solutions for user needs across all of our product areas – editorial products, revenue products and internal tools.
You will work closely with our product team, engineers and other designers to build and enhance products used by over 10,000,000 business leaders across more than 20 industries.
- Conduct user research interviews to better understand the user
- Create wireframes, user journeys maps, user personas and other user research artifacts to aid the product owner, engineers and business stakeholders with decision-making
- Design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes for our engineers to implement
- Serve as a design point-of-contact for our engineers throughout the Scrum development process
- Write blog posts about your projects on our team website https://industrydive.design/
What you can bring to the table:
- Portfolio that highlights your UI and UX experience and design process
- General understanding of user research best practices
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals — typography, layout, color, etc.
- Experience using Figma, Sketch or similar design tools
- Attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bonus: Passion for media and journalism
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 22 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers deliver insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" by the Washington Post in 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2017, 2016 and 2015.