NYC or Remote /
Infinite Objects /
Born from R&D work with GIPHY, Infinite Objects is a quickly growing New York City based startup building novel and compelling ways to elevate, value, and experience video. We believe that video and NFTs should be appreciated the same way prints and photographs have been for centuries — not just trapped in our phones and laptops.
Our permanently treated displays have no buttons, apps, or connectivity, and bring scarcity and value to video content in the real world for the first time.
We’ve partnered with artists like Beeple, publishers including CNN, platforms including SuperRare, and events from ComplexCon to Art Basel, and CES. Infinite Objects’ investors including Dapper Labs, Serena Williams, Kevin Durant, Sound Ventures, Betaworks, Courtside Ventures, and more. IO has been included in TIME magazine’s best inventions of the year list for two years running, and has seen press in WSJ, Vogue, Forbes, The Strategist, and more.
Join us in finding creative and cutting-edge ways of defining a new product category for how we appreciate, sell, collect, and value digital content.
IO offers the following benefits for qualifying full-time employees:
Wellness benefits including contributions to fitness classes
Infinite Objects is looking for a smart, collaborative, detail-oriented Finance Controller to join our team. In the past several years, the organization has grown to 20+ employees and is laying the foundation for accelerated growth in both revenues and people. The Controller will work alongside the CFO and the top management team to assess and implement the organization’s finance functions at this critical moment in the company’s history.
The Controller will execute the day-to-day financial and human resources functions of the organization. This means doing the bookkeeping for the entire organization, but also contributing beyond the core accounting function. This person should be an expert on the accounting basics, but also have the skills and appetite to help our CFO shape the broader financial operations. We’re looking for someone who speaks accounting fluently, but who also loves to identify and solve complex, analytical problems.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the CFO to build the future roadmap for the financial operations of Infinite Objects
- Manage execution of weekly and monthly financial close processes, including reconciliation (bank and credit card statements), invoicing, and preparation of Quickbooks financial statements
- Lead the processing and accounting for all payables and receivables
- Assist with a variety of FP&A tasks including budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare financial analysis and reporting for the executive team
- Master the companies’ financials, and proactively look for both errors and opportunities to improve financial performance
- Oversee payroll, HR functions, payroll taxes, sales taxes, benefits management.
- Identify ways to continually automate, tighten, accelerate, and otherwise improve financial operations processes
What You Have
- Real-world controller and bookkeeping experience with a minimum 10 years of experience.
- Minimum college-level accounting degree and deep understanding of GAAP practices; CPA is required.
- Expertise in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Intense attention to detail, and the ability to spot trends and aberrations
- The ability to communicate both big and small-picture financial information to people who aren’t well-versed in finance and accounting
- A positive, proactive and collaborative attitude
We value creativity and new ideas.
We exhibit accountability through follow through and exceptional communication.
We are proactive and resourceful problem solvers.
We are hungry for achievement and growth.
We are collaborative, respectful, and diverse.
We value teamwork and lend a hand to each other and our partners.
Infinite Objects is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.