Senior Accountant #170
Omaha/Remote - Non CA /
Finance and Legal /
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the analysis and oversight of financial information and accounting operations for the company. A successful candidate will have knowledge and experience working in medium to large sized accounting environments. Prior experience supporting corporate billing operations is a plus. Must have a good customer service mindset, advanced analytical/Excel skills, and a solid understanding of accounting principles. This position will report to and assist the Controller with managing and streamlining billing and revenue recognition for the company.
For over ten years, Inflection has sourced and analyzed billions of public records to create fair and innovative solutions to help companies make better and faster decisions about who they should hire and who they should trust.
The Company’s flagship business, GoodHire, currently provides employment screening solutions to more than 80,000 companies across the US. Launched in 2013, GoodHire has consistently led the market with our intuitive, thoughtful, and user-focused designs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with accounts receivable and customer support to respond to billing and invoicing questions from customers
- Oversee monthly invoice generation while looking for ways to streamline processes
- Month-end responsibilities for recording and reconciling revenue and deferred revenue
- Assists with implementation of a new billing system
- Support year-end close by providing necessary support and documentation for annual financial audit
- Document business processes and develop accounting policy and procedures to support business growth while maintaining internal controls
- Monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis as needed
- Special projects and analysis as assigned.
YOU'LL BE A FANTASTIC MATCH FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- You’re obsessed with accuracy and committed to delivering detailed work on time
- You’re inspired by the prospect of joining a company mid-growth and having a substantive impact on diverse aspects of the business
- You’re excited to be part of a team implementing new accounting systems and suggesting new ways to automate processes
- You want to learn more about our internal affiliate systems and will provide input and analysis when possible
YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF:
- Associates Degree in Business discipline required
- B.A. in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years in related field
- Experience working with accounting systems
- Some QuickBooks or Carta experience is desired, fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Speedy 10-key skills
TO WIT, INFLECTION OFFERS:
- Innovative, high growth products that customers love
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- High energy team with mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley/Prairie veterans
- Learning and Development funds to enhance and learn new skills
- Diversity and Inclusion program
- 3 days off per year to volunteer
YOU BELIEVE WORK IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST THE BOTTOM LINE
We don’t want to just be good at what we do; we want to be good for the world. We’ve met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We care about all stakeholders, including customers, employees, and the community.