Engineering – Development /
Infogrid is helping protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
Our goal is to be the global provider for connected devices in smart buildings. We already handle millions of events every day from tens of thousands of sensors and we’d like you to help us scale that by an order of magnitude over the coming months.
Sustainability is at our heart; buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
A couple of exciting things that have happened to us recently: We raised a successful series A funding round and we were voted one of the top 10 most flexible places to work.
Our product is an AWS hosted, Python/Django/React web application. We're in process of moving from the original iteration Infogrid monolith into scalable microservices.
As our Dev team is growing so rapidly and because we are moving from Monolith to microservices, we've reached a point where we've split in to squads, each of which will have a Tech/Team lead at the reigns of each one. The ideal scenario is a full stack tech lead for each squad but some focus on either the back end or front end, so we're flexible when it comes to skill set!
The key to this role for us is a combination of exceptional development skills and leadership qualities. If you can demonstrate both of these, you will have an enormous impact on the future of our amazing IOT products.
The types of things you'll be doing will vary of course but here are some of them:
- Leading your very own squad of high performing engineers
- Plan the technical direction for the team to deliver best practices
- Play a key role in scaling out a distributed architecture web application
- Writing code at the cutting edge of IoT / smart buildings
- Building AWS hosted microservices
- Pair programming your way through difficult problems because two brains are better than one
- Handling very large, real datasets from a wide range of IoT devices, with data processed in real-time. Scaling from 50,000 sensors to 1,000,000 in the next 6 months
- Mentoring more junior colleagues
- Collaborating with our other software engineers, DevOps engineers, product managers, and the wider business
We would love to see the following in your experience to date as well:
- Experience in building secure, high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems within a microservice architecture
- Experience in working with Scrum at scale
- Strong experience building web applications
- Desire to be involved in an early-stage company!
- Experience working with distributed, remote teams would help
We think Infogrid is a great place to work - we’re a recently funded and rapidly growing startup so it’s not perfect but:
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offer flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.
📚 Learn and get promoted: Join at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here
🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development
🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely
🏠 Added bonus: We give everyone options in the company and at the rate we’re going, it might even buy you a house.
🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up: $15.5M funding round is great of course but more importantly we have real paying customers and a good, growing revenue stream.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
So that’s us. If you love the idea of building something great that makes the world a better place, in a slightly chaotic but consistently entertaining environment please do get in touch via the apply button.