Director of Data Engineering
UK - Remote /
IG Tech – Data /
🌳 Infogrid began in 2018 on a mission to make buildings more sustainable, buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
🚀We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; Infogrid now operates across the globe with over 300 people helping to drive our mission forward.
Many companies say that they are all about data. But at Infogrid this is true in a very fundamental sense: our core purpose is to gather data from buildings and use it to make them better places for people and for the planet. That means our data technology is critical, which is why we are investing in both a new, modern data stack, and in our senior leadership.
With that in mind, here at Infogrid we are looking for someone who can bring technical inspiration to our data teams, and enrich our product vision through data-enabled innovation.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver results:
- Deliver business outcomes through your team and cross functional influence. This includes the cost-effective, reliable & high performance operation of a data platform that meets the needs of both internal & external customers.
- Create vision and strategy:
- Establish and own a technical vision and strategy, objectives, and key metrics for Infogrid’s Data Platform that ties into the overall technical vision and strategy of Infogrid Technology org.
- Be responsible for working with multiple C-level and VP stakeholders in creating a clear, enduring, and strategic roadmap
- Technical leadership:
- Grow and nurture the Data Platform function leaning on your industry experience and technical knowledge and expertise.
- Promote innovation and guide change:
- Proactively innovate and launch new processes or improvements that establish the Data Platform have a significant business impact, gaining buy-in across the company.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders:
- Build and nurture strong business relationships with partners, customers, and internal stakeholder establishing credibility and fostering mutual trust that results in influential capabilities to help drive business outcomes.
- Organisational leadership:
- Attract and retain top talent while holding your team and peers accountable for delivering outcomes.
- Establish yourself as a leader that people respect and want to follow.
- Disambiguate and create clarity out of complex and novel problems.
Things we would love to see.
- Product focus: Experience driving a strong culture of hypothesis driven product development across the organisation including a deep understanding of customers needs.
- Strategy: A proven track record of strategic planning, communication, buy-in and execution across an organisation.
- Specific experience in implementing and operating large scale Data Services (eg Snowflake / Databricks)
- Experience building and managing high performing, cross functional teams.
- Track record of successfully coaching and mentoring both managers and engineers.
Come save the world with us!
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offered flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.
📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.
🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development.
🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.