San Francisco, CA /
Initialized Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm with $500M under management, is hiring an Associate. As an Associate, you will prepare financial analysis and modeling, research industries and markets, and prepare comprehensive investment materials. This role requires the ability to be self-directed and proactive on a variety of projects, showcasing a high level of attention to detail, prompt and clear communication skills, analytical problem-solving ability, and an orientation toward execution.
Please note: This is a 2-year program and is not an investment-track position. It is contract-to-hire. The position is remote to start but candidates should be willing to move to San Francisco or New York full-time.
- Exhibit superior financial modeling skills and proficiency with excel, perform company performance analysis and author investment memos and related diligence documents.
- Analyze and support the existing portfolio, including valuation, financial and return analyses.
- Monitor existing investments and aid in portfolio management & follow-on investment decisions.
- Perform company and market research on prospective investments including diligence on customers and competitors. Synthesize large amounts of information, distilling key insights to share with Partners.
- Assist portfolio companies with financial modeling, growth strategy and market research on an as-needed basis.
- Assist portfolio companies in developing go-to-market strategy or financial models.
- Exercise absolute discretion and professionalism at all times and exhibit a willingness to work extra hours as needed.
- Perform other research and analysis tasks as directed; prioritize and work on multiple time-sensitive or high-priority projects concurrently.
- 2-4 years of work experience, with a focus on working on teams, strong analytics, information synthesis, and ability to think critically.
- Top tier investment banking or strategy consulting experience working with the tech industry; alternatively, operating experience at a high growth start-up company.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starting; strategic thinking skills coupled with strong tactical execution; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent prioritization and task management skills.
- Bachelors degree required; business and/or finance concentration preferred.