Strategic Operations Lead
New York, NY
Initialized Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm with over $500M under management, is hiring a Strategic Operations Lead. This person will develop and drive processes, contribute to strategic initiatives, and work cross-functionally with Partners and firm operations. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, prompt and clear communication skills, analytical problem-solving ability, and an orientation toward execution. This full-time role reports to and works closely with our COO and is based in New York City.
- Drive, document, and continually improve the firm’s investment process; prepare and run weekly Deals meetings. Ensure all deals have the appropriate reviews and sign-offs for investment from Partners and with finance and legal.
- Manage quarterly portfolio review process content and logistics across Partners.
- Gain a deep understanding of the firm’s reserve strategy and other key metrics.
- Develop and execute programs to onboard newly-funded portfolio companies
- Assist in follow-on fundraising process for portfolio companies. Work with Partners to track and execute this process in an efficient manner.
- Project manage firm-level marketing projects including collateral, merchandise/swag, podcasts, etc.
- Conduct external research on a variety of topics related to industry, market size, competition, etc. Synthesize large amounts of information, distilling key insights to share with Partners.
- Exercise absolute discretion and professionalism at all times and exhibit a willingness to work extra hours as needed.
- Other research and analysis tasks as directed; prioritize and work on multiple time-sensitive or high-priority projects concurrently.
- 5 years work experience, with a focus on working on teams, process development, information synthesis, and critical thinking.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent prioritization and task management skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starting; strategic thinking skills coupled with strong tactical execution; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The ideal candidate is a collaborative team member with high emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Comfort working with CRM, spreadsheet, and reporting tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to San Francisco, CA approximately every other month.
- Bachelor's degree required; experience at a top-tier consulting firm desired; MBA a plus.
- Desire and ability to learn about venture capital, new domains and emerging technologies quickly. Experience with software development (design or engineering) a plus.
This is not an investment-track position. Individuals in this role will build an understanding of the venture capital and startup ecosystem and learn from a diverse team of former operators. A person who spends a few years in this role would be well-positioned to be an executive at a high-growth startup or to start their own company. There is also the possibility of internal promotion as the Strategic Operations team expands.