Protocol Engineer - Global Remote
About Injective Labs
Injective Labs is trailblazing a new dawn for Web3 enabled finance. We are the core contributors to Injective, one of the fastest growing blockchains in the industry. Injective provides an interoperable smart contracts platform that is optimized for building decentralized finance applications. Interoperability is at the core of Injective, which is natively integrated with chains such as Ethereum, Cosmos and Solana. Developers can rapidly launch premier financial applications suited for mass adoption using Injective’s infrastructure and specialized DeFi primitives such as the world’s first fully on-chain order book.Our team has decades of experience spearheading the largest financial institutions and tech organizations. Injective is incubated by Binance and is backed by leading firms such as Jump Crypto, Pantera and Mark Cuban.
We are looking for an accomplished Protocol Engineer who is able to fit into an existing highly-skilled global dev team. Your role is to work closely with the protocol team to brainstorm, write specs, implement and test chain features for our Injective DeFi modules. You also have the freedom to detect and take ownership to improve chain performance and scalability via kvstore optimization, processing logic and order matching engine
- Build, maintain and test core components on our Cosmos-SDK protocol including our decentralized orderbook, trade execution coordinator, order matcher, and Layer-2 execution environment.
- Write open-source Golang clients that allow users to interact directly with our protocol and smart contracts
Who you are:
- Worked on at least two production Golang codebases that are reasonably large and performant
- Strong knowledge of Go idioms, libraries and parallel processing
- Strong knowledge of blockchain, DeFi & DEX concepts, consensus mechanisms, cosmwasm contract platform
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals such as data structures and API design
- Ability to communicate technical concepts with other technical and non-technical team members
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Cosmos-SDK/Tendermint
- Experience with cryptography libraries including digital signature, hash algorithms used by Ethereum, Cosmos
- Experience with key-value databases especially ones used by cosmos-sdk
- Experience with Ethereum/Solidity (bonus points if you've worked with Layer-2 before!)
- Knowledge of financial instruments and markets
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.