The Health Depot – Pharmacy /
About The Health Depot
We are a fast growing, tech-driven, online pharmacy where innovation in patient-care comes first.
With access to provincial e-health databases and new communication tools (PrescribeIT), The Health Depot is redefining clinical pharmacy and becoming a key contributor in bringing hospital level of collaboration and care into the community setting. Using these tools, we are able to personalize doses to each individual and help combat medication overuse, while advancing improvement in chronic disease management and compliance. This may involve clinical suggestions to lower doses, switching to safer alternatives and even deprescribing.
Part of Green Shield Canada
The Health Depot is a proud member of the Green Shield Canada group of companies (under the Green Shield Holdings Inc. (GSH)). Green Shield Canada (GSC) is one of Canada’s largest health benefits carriers and is uniquely structured as a not-for-profit social enterprise focused on improving the health and well-being of Canadians. GSC has always provided our clients with an unmatched healthcare experience – and now, we’re working to better serve our customers and communities by evolving from a health and dental benefits carrier to an integrated health services organization and Canada’s only payer-provider.
We see clinical pharmacy as the future of our profession in Canada. Our unique single-dose strip packaging system gives new options for patients with compliance issues, allowing them to take more control of their day-to-day lives. Our free prescription delivery (via Canada Post) to anywhere in the province makes our services even more valuable as we can ship to a workplace, home, cottage, or convenient Canada Post Pickup location!
What you'll be doing
- Optimization of medication through blood work (A1C, blood glucose, creatinine clearance ect..)
- Dispense and have knowledge about high-cost specialty pharmacy medications
- Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers or to other health care professionals and advise them on indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
- Proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals (Using new technology, such as PACMED single-dose packaging, and Karie Personal Health Companion)
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients using various methods of communication such as phone, email, software messaging
- Provide professional advice to patients on prescriptions, as well as on the selection and use of non-prescription medication
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, providing guidance and coaching and managing the performance of other pharmacy employees
- Schedule all pharmacy employees to ensure coverage for all hours of operations
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal and Provincial laws, rules and regulations
- Take on other tasks or projects to support employees, other managers, and pharmacy operations as necessary
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy
- 3-5 years Pharmaceutical Experience
- Previous managerial experience including hiring, training, motivating, retaining, coaching and developing competent employees
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Knowledge of medication, dosage measurement, pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Strong knowledge of financial and operational aspects of pharmacy
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability, and ability to learn new skill sets
- Experience with pharmacy software Kroll is an asset
- Previous experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is an asset
- Additional Certification such as Injection, Diabetes, Smoking Cessation a definite asset
We are passionate professionals who thrive on creativity and collaboration, fostering an environment that is both productive and flexible where everyone works together to make an impact in the world of pharmacy today.
What We Offer
· Generous time off
· Family friendly working hours, Monday – Friday, only occasional weekends
· Full and flexible benefits on day one
· Competitive compensation