Project Manager / Squad Production Manager
Entertainment Creation – Project Management
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents from all around the world and turn them into globally successful authors. On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors upload their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected based on reader engagement and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 and her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world.
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists who have raised $21m from Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber.
Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
About the role:
The Project Manager will oversee the workflow of the creative team and ensure that creativity won’t suffer while the technical aspects of management are complied with. As someone who will be responsible for the timely delivery of projects, this person needs to understand the creative process in order not to allow its flow to be impeded. They will need to find the sweet spot between the creative and the technical aspect of the process by developing methodologies with an agile approach which will be highly flexible in the beginning and will narrow as the scope is finalised.
- manage an engaged team of creative A-Players by aligning them to the company strategies & goals, motivating them to achieve their goals, and facilitating constant development by making sure they work with the best tools and by empowering their individual progress.
- proactively explore & analyse future road bumps during content production and develop solutions to overcome them.
- actively understand, update & maintain squad progress by leading daily catch-ups to ensure optimal performance and storylines that users love.
- conduct monthly feedback sessions, both one-on-one and in a group, with all members of the squad.
- be the squad CEO - handle everything from vacations, workload, costs, goals, strategies, etc.
- ensure stories are ready for launch within deadlines
- optimise operations and processes and sustain the quality of storylines
- 3-4 years’ experience in project management, preferably in a creative environment
- Organizational & planning skills. You can build long-term systems and focus on throughput and key priorities.
- Analytical skills and data-driven mindset. You can structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve penetrating insights.
- Risk management skills. You can detect and address potential risks before they arise and exercise sound judgment while enabling communication within the team to mitigate the outcome.
- Communication skills. You express yourself clearly and articulately in oral as well as in written form without being overly verbose or talkative. You understand and speak the language of creatives & non-creatives alike.
- Motivational skills. You are a motivator who can guide artists to adapt to changing processes and understand the value of those processes.
- Agility. You are a relentless learner who is always aware of new developments and operates under them with no problem.
- User-centric attitude. You recognize and respect that the users are the driving force of content.
Furthermore, we offer you the following:
· We encourage your personal development and empower you to broaden your knowledge and skills across multiple departments!
· Valuable work which impacts our company from your first day onward.
· An open and empathic style of communication all the way up to the C-Level
· A fast-paced environment.
· It’s never boring here! If you feel bored, tell us and we’ll make your life exciting again!
· Of course, we organize regular team events and incentives, and provide free fruit and dinner in our office.
· Unlimited credits for our Galatea App - for all you bookworms out there ;)