Staff Script Writer
Entertainment Creation – Writers
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents from all around the world and turn them into globally successful authors. On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors upload their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected based on reader engagement and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 and her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world.
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists who have raised $21m from Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber.
Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
We’re seeking a Full-Time Staff Writer to join a fast-paced team of writers producing weekly story releases. This hybrid writer will combine their writing skills and interactive storytelling. The ideal applicant will have experience creating storyboards, pitching story, keeping up with fast-paced deadlines, and working in a serial format.
This position is full-time at our head office in Berlin.
Salary: 30-35,000€/year (depending on experience) + Full Healthcare
- Are a storyteller who can develop ideas in a variety of formats
- Have worked in a collaborative group/writer’s room
- Have a creative and business mindset
- Have hands on writing experience in TV or film (work experience or university)
- Thrive in an open-floor brainstorm as well as in the execution of a laid out plan
- Have a knowledge & passion for TV series running over multiple seasons
- Are oriented towards cutting-edge technology and want to be ahead of the industry curve
- Hands-on attitude, fast-paced, reliable, and positive
- Have a keen sense of empathy for the entertainment audience and can cater your empathy depending on the demographics of that audience
- Strategize and write stories from conception through to final execution
- Work closely with sound designers and effect specialists to make a readers experience 100% immersive
- Create story arcs over multiple seasons
- Conceptualize scripts that define conversational interaction (text messaging, etc.)
- Step 1: Complete a spec episode of a current Galatea series
- Step 2: Screening Interview with Lead Script Writer
- Step 3: Remote Test Work - You will be paired with another candidate to storyboard and write a short spec season of a current Galatea series. You will be compensated for your time.
- Step 4: Video Interviews with Emma Tonner (Head of Galatea) and Ali Albazaz (Founder + CEO of Inkitt)
Our writers include Hollywood screenwriters, Off-Broadway playwrights, and published novelists. Graduates from esteemed writing programs at Yale, Columbia University, NYU, Northwestern University, USC, and UCLA. Recipients of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Screenwriting Grant, the Jack Nicholson Prize in Screenwriting, First Prize in the Vaclav Havel Library Foundation Playwriting Competition, and other top industry honors.