Content Operations Manager
Product Team – Product /
Come build The Disney of the 21st Century with us! 🚀
At Inkitt, we believe every author should have an equal opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. Traditional publishing often leaves authors behind with human editors responsible for selecting books fit for publication. Inkitt is a pioneer at the forefront of data-driven publishing. By inventing an algorithm which analyzes users' reading behavior to identify hits, we have removed subjectivity from the traditional publishing equation. This gives Inkitt the unique ability to discover hidden talents that might otherwise have gone unnoticed 🔎
Are you a builder? We are looking for the change-makers of the world; the people who build the blueprint anytime they are unsatisfied with the status quo. Come build The Disney of the 21st Century with us by developing our books, audiobooks, creation of games, TV shows and movies!
What you'll do:
- Mission: as the Content Operations Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in driving our content strategy, overseeing content creation, distribution, and optimization processes. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless content lifecycle from ideation to publication.
- Content Strategy: develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy aligned with the company's goals, target audience, and brand identity.
- Collaborate with the marketing, social media and product teams to define content themes, topics, and formats that resonate with our audience.
- Content Creation: work with content creators (writers, editors, designers, videographers, etc.) to produce high-quality and engaging content across various channels.
- Curate and edit content to ensure consistency, accuracy, and alignment.
- Content Distribution and Promotion: coordinate the distribution of content across relevant channels, optimizing for maximum reach and engagement.
- Workflow and Process Optimization: implement streamlined content creation workflows, ensuring efficient collaboration between content creators, editors, and other stakeholders.
- Identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement in the content production process and implement solutions to enhance efficiency.
- Performance Analysis and Optimization: monitor and analyze key content metrics (traffic, engagement, conversion rates) to measure the effectiveness of content initiatives.
- Use data insights to continuously refine content strategies and improve content performance.
Who you are:
- Startup hungry; you excel in a fast-paced, scrappy environment and you welcome new challenges
- Strong operations and project management experience
- Committed to building an in-person work culture; you prefer a hybrid work model
- 4+ years in content creation, editing, operations and management, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and ability to convey complex ideas concisely
- Analytical mindset with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Strong experience with Google Suite and a familiarity with SQL
What we offer:
- 🚀 Stock options for all full-time employees! We believe everyone deserves a piece of ownership for when we become the Disney of the 21st Century
- 🚀 Newly launched 401k to help you save and invest in your future (US)
- 🚀 Health benefits that align with your local market, offering a variety of different coverages for medical, dental and vision
- 🚀 A hybrid model in San Francisco and Berlin offices where 3 days per week are dedicated to in-person collaboration in parallel with remote work
- 🚀 Lunches served in San Francisco Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 🚀 Lunches and dinners served in Berlin Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 🚀 Professional coaching for People Managers and employees who have been with Inkitt for 2+ years
- 🚀 Dedicated budget for team-building events
- 🚀 Employee Referral Bonus
- 🚀 Free access to our Galatea App, get your read on
- 🚀 Unlimited budget for self-development books, on us
- 🚀 Donation to charity of your choice on your work anniversary
- 🚀 Stocked micro-kitchens with snacks and drinks to keep you energized
- 🚀 Class Pass health club for US Inkers to feel their best!
- 🚀 Berlin'ers gym membership
- 🚀 Berlin'ers virtual assistant
- 🚀 Arguably the best perk? Getting to bring your fur-ever friend to our Berlin and San Francisco offices
How we've been doing:
- We're a well-funded, mission-driven, series B company with top-tier investors like NEA, HV Capital, and Kleiner Perkins. Recently, Inkitt has raised $59 million, which is one of the largest Series B funding rounds on record for a Berlin-based business. We believe we provide authors with a platform that fosters their passion for writing and gives them the chance to be discovered 🪴
- We're the 8th fastest-growing company in Europe, and 1st in Germany!
- We're excited to share we’ve signed Entertainment 360 to represent Inkitt and our authors in the world of film and television! 🎬
At Inkitt, we strive to build a company culture and provide employment opportunities based on diversity and inclusion. We believe every author should have an equal opportunity to succeed, as should our team members. As a growing team from 20+ countries, we welcome everyone to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Check out our Careers Blog 💼