Senior Product Manager
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents from all around the world and turn them into globally successful authors. On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors upload their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected based on reader engagement and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 and her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world.
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists who have raised $21m from Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber.
Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
About the role:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Senior Product Manager will oversee the entire process of delivering a product that users love. They will have to know every nook and cranny of the product’s creation process, relate with the users and be aware of their needs so that the product won’t feel rigid. Acting as the engineering team’s supervisor, the Senior Product Manager will be on the same wavelength as its members in order to steer their efforts and be their representative before the other departments.
- Take ownership of designing and specifying features with an 80/20 mindset
- Own the product roadmap and drive the feature ideas that will move the current OKRs forward
- Ensure that the delivered product retains users and improves monetisation
- Research and analyse why, what and how to deliver the best features for a product that users will love
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Provide information for Management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts as well as special reports and analyses
- Deliver clear feature specifications from which engineers will understand why and how to deliver the best possible technical solution
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Communicate with the end-users on a weekly basis to understand why they are using the product and collect actionable feedback
- Over 4 years’ experience with product delivery
- User-Empathy. You can identify with users, put their needs first and incorporate them when making product decisions
- Ownership. You can take any feature from the idea to the specifying requirements all the way to the launch and monitoring of the feature performance
- Proficiency in SQL and data visualisation
- Proficiency in quantitative user-testing
- Working knowledge of Jira, Firebase and Github
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are an efficient and clear communicator who can captivate any audience
- Ability to facilitate technical discussions with engineers with the goal of finding the best solutions for feature delivery
- Organisational skills. You can turn ambiguous ideas into actionable plans with clear outcomes
- Ability to engage and excite the team in order to deliver the best features in good quality and on time
- Analytical skills. You are a thinker who seeks to validate assumptions with data
- High degree of resilience. You can quickly bounce back from any difficulty and power on through
- Desire to constantly seek self-development
- Have the backbone to stick to your convictions when they are challenged and express disagreement to strongly present your stance
Furthermore, we offer you the following:
· We encourage your personal development and empower you to broaden your knowledge and skills across multiple departments!
· Valuable work which impacts our company from your first day onward.
· An open and empathic style of communication all the way up to the C-Level
· A fast-paced environment.
· It’s never boring here! If you feel bored, tell us and we’ll make your life exciting again!
· Of course, we organize regular team events and incentives, and provide free fruit and dinner in our office.
· Unlimited credits for our Galatea App - for all you bookworms out there ;)