People and Operations
(We are still hiring! - Due to covid-19, we adopted a remote interview process until further notice)
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. This is how we make it reality:
On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors uploaded their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected by our unique algorithm and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author is Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 - her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world! > Check out Inkitt on Euronews here!
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists. The love for our mission combined with a high-performing culture as well a strong data-obsession convinced Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber. Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
Inkitt is the first reader-powered book publisher using an algorithm to predict future bestsellers. They offer an online platform where authors can post their manuscripts, readers can read them for free for a limited amount of time and authors with well-performing books are offered a publishing deal. Inkitt’s proprietary algorithm analyses users’ reading behaviour to predict the potential of novels.
Based in Berlin, Inkitt has a worldwide audience and a close-knit company culture made of an eclectic mix of professionals dedicated to redefining the reading experience.
Last year, Inkitt launched its sister app GALATEA, which instantly became the world’s fastest-growing reading app with hundreds of thousands of active users consuming over six million episodes per month. GALATEA is on track to become the most popular reading app to date. Working with a team of over 20 Hollywood screenwriters, GALATEA reformats original stories published on Inkitt into unique immersive experiences for readers by enhancing them with chat fiction, sound effects, visual effects, and haptic feedback, thus redefining the reading experience.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Venture Developer who will be a strategic, hard-working and motivated all-rounder on the operations team. No project is too small, or too big on the Venture Developer’s mission of building the backbones of the Disney of the 21st Century.
· Identify, lead and execute impactful projects in HR, Legal, Finance and/or Operations which help prepare the company scale from a small start-up to a hyper growth start-up.
· Take over ongoing work with the Data Protection Officer to ensure the company is continuously compliant.
· Create and maintain a contract management system.
· Conduct adhoc business cases on tactical and strategic business decisions (e.g. “buy vs build” decisions: hire an in-house accountant vs hire an external consultant).
· Identify suite of tools the company can use to start automating various manual processes.
· High reliability: If they say they will do it, then it can be trusted that it will be done 100%.
· Honesty/integrity: You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence. You do what is right, not just what is politically expedient. You speak plainly and truthfully.
· Proactivity: You act without being told what to do. You bring new ideas to the company.
· Flexibility/adaptability: You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
· Calmness under pressure: You maintain stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
· Work ethic: You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You have a track record of working hard.
· Structuredness: You are an organizational ninja. You will bring structure to chaos in a simple and powerful way.
English fluency (German preferred)