Lead Script Writer
Entertainment Creation – Writers
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents from all around the world and turn them into globally successful authors. On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors upload their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected based on reader engagement and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 and her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world.
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists who have raised $21m from Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber.
Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
We’re seeking a Lead Script Writer to guide a team of writers producing weekly episode releases. This hybrid writer will combine their creative storytelling talents with their management and leadership experience. The ideal applicant will have experience creating storyboards, pitching story, keeping up with fast-paced deadlines, and working in a serial format.
This position is full-time at our head office in Berlin.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree or higher in the Screenwriting, Creative Writing, English, or a related field of study
- Have a knowledge & passion for serialized TV and book series
- Have 5+ years of experience writing for TV, film, video games, or a related field
- Have 3+ years of leadership and management experience
- Write/speak Native-level English
- Are able to create, manage, and help track schedules for a team of 6-10 writers
- Are oriented towards cutting-edge technology and want to be ahead of the industry curve
- Have a hands-on attitude, fast-paced, reliable, and positive
- Have a creative and business mindset
- Have fantastic organisational and communication skills
- Thrive in an open-floor brainstorm as well as in the execution of a laid out plan
- Have a keen sense of empathy for the entertainment audience and can cater your empathy depending on the demographics of that audience
- Have worked in a writer’s room and/or collaborated with other writers
- Are able to consistently improve the output of a team of writers through editing, rewriting, and constructive feedback
- Ready and willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany - this is NOT a remote position!
- Write, strategize, and oversee stories from conception through to final execution; edit, rewrite, and provide constructive feedback on the output of a team of writers
- Contribute to the growth of your writers, guiding them to reach high performance standards that allow them to become Lead Writers themselves
- Communicate and collaborate with bestselling fiction authors
- Work closely with sound designers and FX specialists to make our reading experience 100% immersive
- Adapt successful stories from Inkitt into the Galatea format, maximizing their commercial potential
- Create story arcs over multiple seasons
- Push the boundaries of storytelling as we know it
Our writers include Hollywood screenwriters, Off-Broadway playwrights, and published novelists. Graduates from esteemed writing programs at Yale, Columbia University, NYU, Northwestern University, USC, and UCLA. Recipients of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Screenwriting Grant, the Jack Nicholson Prize in Screenwriting, First Prize in the Vaclav Havel Library Foundation Playwriting Competition, and other top industry honors.