Senior HR Manager
People and Operations
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents from all around the world and turn them into globally successful authors. On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors upload their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected based on reader engagement and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 and her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world.
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists who have raised $21m from Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber.
Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
We are looking for a Senior HR Manager to help us nurture a championship-winning team culture where every team member tap-joys to work and loves to contribute to our company mission of discovering hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
- You will create a first version of Inkitt’s on-boarding process and put it into execution with the goal of having new hires 100% aligned with our mission, core values, objectives, and fully integrated in the team.
- You will set up monthly 1-on-1’s with everybody in the team to assess general employee satisfaction and belonging.
- Work together with the Head of People and CEO by coming up with and suggesting ideas on how to improve overall team bonding, happiness and productivity.
- Contribute to employer branding efforts at Inkitt for instance launching an online blog for employer branding with a new article appearing on a monthly basis (e.g. interviews with team members, about our core values and our activities)
- Organising all legal paperwork of the team (employment contracts, stock options, payroll etc.)
- Have 3+ years experience as an HR/ People Manager working directly on topics such as on-boarding, feedback, employee satisfaction, HR administration etc.
- Have an understanding of the German labor laws as well as overall working environment.
- Possess native German language skills as well as a great command of the English language.
- You are proactive, act without being told and bring new ideas to the company.
- You posses honesty and integrity; you do not cut conners ethically, earn trust and maintain confidence by doing what is right, not just what is politically expedient.
Furthermore we offer you the following
- We encourage your personal development and empower you to broaden your knowledge and skills across multiple departments!
- Valuable work which impacts our company from your first day onward.
- An open and empathic style of communication all the way up to the C-LevelA fast-paced environment.
- It’s never boring here! If you feel bored, tell us and we’ll make your life exciting again!
- Of course, we organize regular team events and incentives, and provide free fruit and dinner in our office.
- Unlimited credits for our Galatea App - for all you bookworms out there ;)
Quote from the “Powerful” book: “People’s happiness in their work is not about gourmet salads or sleeping pods or foosball tables. True and abiding happiness in work comes from being deeply engaged in solving a problem with talented people we know are also deeply engaged in solving it, and from knowing that the customer loves the product or service we all have worked so hard to make.”
Do you agree with this? then you are who we are looking for!