Senior Backend Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents from all around the world and turn them into globally successful authors. On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors upload their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected based on reader engagement and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 and her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world.
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists who have raised $21m from Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber.
Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
- Take ownership of releasing features on time by planning backwards from the expected release date taking all steps in the process into account.
- Own the responsibility for scaling the backend.
- Prepared and able to ship updates every sprint (2 weeks)
- Contribute to product roadmap with ideas that move the current OKRs forward
- 5+ years of experience in Backend at high growth B2C company
- Experience of using Ruby on Rails in production applications
- Experienced with Postgres, Elastic Search, Redis, Sidekiq
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including good coding practices such as code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and live operations
- Additionaly, but not required: Kubernetes, GoLang
- Have good knowledge of English. The main communication language in the company is English
Furthermore, we offer you the following:
- We encourage your personal development and empower you to broaden your knowledge and skills across multiple departments!
- Valuable work which impacts our company from your first day onward
- An open and empathic style of communication all the way up to the C-Level
- A fast-paced environment. It’s never boring here! If you feel bored, tell us and we’ll make your life exciting again!
- Of course, we organize regular team events and incentives, and provide free fruit and dinner in our office
- Unlimited credits for our Galatea App - for all you bookworms out there ;)