Senior Backend Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Berlin, Germany /
(We are still hiring! - Due to covid-19, we adopted a remote interview process until further notice)
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. This is how we make it reality:
On the Inkitt platform over 100,000 authors uploaded their manuscripts and 2 million readers can read them for free. The best stories are objectively selected by our unique algorithm and published on our immersive reading app Galatea. Currently, our most successful author is Sapir Englard, a 24 year old from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018 - her story is selling faster than Harry Potter on Galatea all around the world! > Check out Inkitt on Euronews here!
We're a team of 60 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and artists. The love for our mission combined with a high-performing culture as well a strong data-obsession convinced Investors of Amazon, Google and Uber. Join us to build the Disney of the 21st Century!
- Take ownership of releasing features on time by planning backwards from the expected release date, taking all steps in the process into account.
- Own the responsibility of scaling the backend.
- Be prepared and able to ship updates every sprint (2 weeks).
- Contribute to product roadmap with ideas that move the current OKRs forward.
- 5+ years of experience in a Backend position at a high-growth B2C company
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in production applications
- Experience with Postgres, Elastic Search, Redis, Sidekiq
- Additionally, but not required: Kubernetes, GoLang
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, as well as best practices for the full software development life cycle, including good coding practices like code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and live operations
- Good knowledge of English. The main communication language in the company is English
We offer you the following:
- Valuable work that impacts our company right from your first day.
- An open and empathetic style of communication all the way up to the C-Level.
- A fast-paced environment. It’s never boring here! If you feel bored, tell us and we’ll make your life exciting again!
- Regular team events and incentives.
- Free fruit and dinner in our office.
- An unlimited self development budget for books to help in your career at Inkitt.
- Encouragement to further your personal development so you can broaden your knowledge and skills across multiple departments.
- Unlimited credits for our Galatea App - for all you bookworms out there ;)