Senior Back-End Developer
We’re looking for an experienced back-end developer to join the team at Inlight, someone who is known for their technical mastery with a deep understanding of data structures and how they are implemented to solve problems.
We provide digital services to a range of clients with a range of technical platforms that include:
• Node.js API development with both REST and Graphql approaches
• CraftCMS (with custom plugin and module development using PHP & Twig)
• Some opportunities presenting with Shopify and .NET (Sitecore)
• Lots of integration with 3rd party APIs, services, and payment gateways.
We use the following database:
• AWS RDS (Postgres / Mysql)
• AWS Elasticache (Redis)
We utilise AWS products and infrastructure, so seeking experience with:
• Docker, Elastic Beanstalk, Serverless (Lambda + API Gateway)
• AWS Cloudfront or Cloudflare CDNs
A typical day will involve
- Working collaboratively with a project team from concept through to delivery, and independently driving your work forward
- Producing well-structured code that is valid, tested and of a high production standard
- Providing technical expertise to help guide our team and building trust and credibility with our clients
- Reviewing PRs and assisting other devs with complex technical questions and bug fixes
- Working closely with our Producers on technical planning and decisions
- Staying up to date with new technologies and continually experimenting, learning, and improving.
- Mentoring junior, mid and other senior developers to help them improve and grow their skills and capabilities.
You are someone who
- Has a Computer Science qualification or equivalent experience
- Has a deep understanding of data structures and how they are implemented to solve problems
- Has deep mastery of programming concepts, regardless of the specific programming language you have experience with
- Applies reasoned logic when solving problems
- Is pragmatic and looks for ways to make things easier
- Follows your curiosity to challenge how things are done and can work through problems
- Is highly collaborative and can develop empathy when considering different perspectives
- Has provided technical leadership across projects and have first-hand experience crafting end-to-end solutions and designing complex backend systems
- Can confidently lead technical discussions with clients
- Has a bias toward action and applying proven principles and experience to deliver
- Invests in your learning and actively promotes sharing knowledge and experimenting with new tools
A few benefits
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business
- Guide our technology choices on projects, working with a great combination of technologies (React, React Native, iOS: Swift, Android: Java, CraftCMS, Node and AWS
- When we’re back; a bright, open warehouse space in Collingwood, nearby heaps of great coffee spots and places to eat and drink. For the time being, the option to work from home
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
If you’re a recruiter, thanks for thinking of us. We’re going to have a shot at this ourselves first and will reach out if we need some help. In the meantime, we ask that you don’t contact us regarding applicants for this role.