Digital Product Strategist
Our team is committed to delivering well-considered, high-quality digital work for a range of clients. We’re looking for an experienced product strategist who is able to create a clear view of what we are trying to achieve that will set our very capable delivery team up for success.
That means bringing a strategic lens to product conversations with our clients and helping them invest in the right product solutions. It also means helping our team and our clients to prioritise, make sound product decisions and create a great product experience for customers.
We’re excited to bring someone into the business who is experienced and can apply an entrepreneurial approach to help shape the role, someone who is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about digital and is able to coach and motivate others.
- Helping the team to define and scope solutions in sales conversations, establishing product goals that set the right foundation for a successful project.
- Help to refine and describe the product vision and understand the right problems to focus on.
- Work with the delivery team to understand and evaluate potential solutions or activities, including effort involved.
- Remain involved at a high-level in the delivery phase to drive good product decisions.
- Provide advice and coaching to our team to help lift product management capability.
- Educate our clients on the right focus (and investment) for their product
- Use your understanding of data and insights, and translate them into value for our client’s current and future projects helping them to create the narrative that helps to get those projects approved.
- Helping evolve our client’s digital products by continuing to monitor performance, optimisation, and advocate for new features to enhance key metrics.
We're looking for...
- Senior product owner experience in a services business, with a thorough understanding of the product development lifecycle.
- Experience working with clients in a variety of industries and categories.
- Experience guiding agile approaches and producing outputs including discovery workshops, journey maps, user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases, workflow diagrams, functional specifications, business requirements, and product designs.
- The ability to influence outcomes and negotiate with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstration of building trusted partnerships and guiding product decisions.
- A thorough understanding of the digital landscape, digital productisation and delivery life cycles.
- Good judgment and the ability to identify and mitigate risk.
- Data, analytics, planning, reporting, and generating data-driven insights.
You are someone who...
- Thinks strategically and can consider the big picture while applying strong attention to the details.
- Has a collaborative approach and the ability to motivate and achieve outcomes through others.
- Is creative and a visionary with a logical and precise approach to solving problems.
- Quick to learn and curious about exploring new ways of doing things, new technologies, and solutions.
- Has enthusiasm and passion for digital.
- Is excited by the complexity of working on a variety of different projects at the same time.
- Is focussed on results and getting the job done.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on positive problem-solving.
A few benefits
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business.
- Great flexible work options! And a team committed to continuing to improve our distributed work practices. A bright, open warehouse space in Collingwood to return to one day, nearby heaps of great coffee spots and places to eat and drink.
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund.
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, creation and critique of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact, and build a career that they’re excited by
If you’re a recruiter, thanks for thinking of us. We’re going to have a shot at this ourselves first and will reach out if we need some help. In the meantime, we ask that you don’t contact us regarding applicants for this role.