Senior UX/UI Designer
We’re seeking a Senior Designer who’s equal parts thinker and maker. Someone who understands the value of design and doesn’t just see the button, the colour, the ‘thing’ in isolation - but appreciates the bigger picture and how it addresses the overarching problem or opportunity.
At Inlight we offer a broad range of solutions - everything from digital product development, strategy, rapid prototyping and validation, through to the full delivery of websites, digital platforms and native apps. All delivered through an amazing and confusingly talented technical team.
We enjoy working with a broad range of clients, including food, logistics, insurance, FMCG, health, not for profit, retail and beyond. We are passionate about the work we deliver and equally about the experience our clients have in working with us.
Our team enjoys the process of collaboration, you’d be joining a clever and friendly bunch of people who get really excited about the possibility of technology and its creative applications.
You’ll apply your craft following a consistent and proven methodology:
Through conversations, workshops and research you’ll make sure every project has a solid understanding of the audience needs, business goals and broader landscape.
Working across ideation, wireframing, prototyping and concept testing, you’ll zero in on the smartest ideas, making sure they add value to our client and the end user, while working with our development team to resolve technical constraints.
Starting with solid interaction design principles and an understanding of extensible design systems, you’ll collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to create simple, beautiful and intuitive user interfaces across multiple digital mediums, working on both UX and UI.
Within a variety of ongoing client relationships, you’ll be able to drive or influence the roadmap and evolution of a range of digital products and services.
What you can bring to the table…
- Significant experience as a digital designer, ideally within an agency, start-up or an internal digital team.
- Experience working on digital projects of various sizes and complexity, within a team and autonomously.
- A good understanding of UX patterns and digital design trends.
- A good understanding of the design process and an ability to educate others of the role of design within projects.
- Can persuasively communicate with the ability to compellingly present UX concepts and justify design decisions.
- Excellence in digital design practices including concepting, ideation, wireframing and prototyping.A love of crafting and delivering beautiful and intuitive user interfaces.
- Experience in design and prototyping tools such as Figma or Sketch, Principle, After Effects etc.
- A good way with words.
- User research and testing experience.
- A thoughtful approach to content
It would be awesome but not essential if you have:
What's in it for you?
- Work on complex and interesting projects that create genuine value for the people who use them.
- You get to own the vision of your work and will have high trust and autonomy to drive the design process forward.
- Work alongside talented and highly collaborative designers and developers.
- Use modern and flexible tooling (think Figma, Miro, Clickup, etc) within a mature delivery framework.
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get ongoing support and coaching, plus access to a $1000 annual learning fund.
- The opportunity to provide mentoring, coaching and feedback within the design team.
- A relaxed open plan workspace in our converted Collingwood warehouse, nearby heaps of great restaurants, cafes and bars, currently accessed through an opt-in roster system.
- Plenty of flexibility with where you work.
- You’ll get your own MacBook and will be surrounded by all the tech.
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work.
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
If you’re a recruiter, thanks for thinking of us. We’re going to have a shot at this ourselves first and will reach out if we need some help. In the meantime, we ask that you don’t contact us regarding applicants for this role.