Join a company with a strong vision for always providing the very best collaborations with our clients to deliver high-quality digital work with the thinking and design to match. A smart team of devs, an enviable tech stack, a proven and repeatable framework for delivery, and the chance to work with a genuinely lovely bunch of humans.
We’re looking for an experienced Tech Lead to support our delivery, someone who is known as much for their technical mastery and solution design as for their stakeholder management and people leadership.
You know this space well; you’ve provided technical leadership across projects that were complex for a variety of reasons. You’ve got an understanding of how to bring to life solutions using a combination of mobile, web, APIs, and integrations with existing APIs or systems. And you’ve got hands-on experience with some of the technologies/platforms we currently use to do this, e.g. React, React Native, node.JS, AWS, iOS, Android, etc.
You know what can go wrong on projects, and how important the people are, both building relationships with clients and guiding and supporting the development team. You’re still keen to be on the tools but have shifted focus to also have an impact across technology choices, development practices, and in helping build capability across the development team.
A typical day will involve
- Leading within project teams, providing coaching and supporting across projects, technical guidance and their learning and career direction
- Being hands-on overseeing and delivering projects
- Reviewing PRs and assisting our devs with complex technical questions
- Building trust and providing technical thought leadership to guide clients on technical direction
- Delivering an exceptional client experience through a confident, positive and creative problem-solving mindset
- Working closely with our Producers on technical planning and decisions Supporting hiring activity and helping grow our team
You are someone who
- Has provided technical leadership across complex and sizeable projects and have first-hand experience crafting end-to-end solutions
- Is pragmatic and looks for ways to make things easier
- Can confidently lead technical discussions with clients
- Follows your curiosity to challenge how things are done and can work through problems
- Has a bias toward action and applying proven principles and experience to deliver
- Takes the lead, and enjoys coaching, inspiring and motivating people
- Invests in your learning and actively promotes sharing knowledge and experimenting with new tools
- Is calm under pressure and can prioritise and focus on what’s most important
- Is highly collaborative and can develop empathy when considering different perspectives
- Deals well with ambiguity and can push ahead in spite of not having all the information
A few benefits
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business
- Guide our technology choices on projects, working with a great combination of technologies (React, React Native, iOS: Swift, Android: Java, CraftCMS, Node and AWS
- A bright, open warehouse space in Collingwood, nearby heaps of great coffee spots and places to eat and drink
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
If you’re a recruiter, thanks for thinking of us. We’re going to have a shot at this ourselves first and will reach out if we need some help. In the meantime, we ask that you don’t contact us regarding applicants for this role.