Senior Full Stack Developer
We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join the team at Inlight, someone who is known for their technical mastery with a deep understanding of programming concepts and how they are implemented to solve problems.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player and be comfortable leading projects when required as well as providing mentoring and support to your peers.
We provide Digital Services to a range of clients with the typical tech stack including some of the following:
• React.js + Next.js for front-end development
• React Native, Swift & Java for app development
• Node.js for API development (REST & Graphql)
• Lots of integration with 3rd party APIs, services, and payment gateways
• Craft CMS (with custom plugins and module development using PHP & Twig)
• C# .NET (Sitecore) opportunities are also on the horizon
We utilise AWS products and infrastructure, so also seeking experience with:
• Elastic Beanstalk, Serverless (Lambda + API Gateway)
• AWS Cloudfront or Cloudflare CDNs
• AWS Databases (RDS, Elasticache & DynamoDB)
Other knowledge and experience around Caching, Logging, Monitoring, Automated testing, and CI/CD are also highly valued.
A typical day will involve
- Working collaboratively with a project team from concept through to delivery, and independently driving your own work forward.
- Producing well-structured code that is valid, tested and of a high production standard.
- Providing technical expertise to help guide our team and building trust and credibility with our clients.
- Reviewing PRs and assisting other devs with complex technical questions and bug fixes
- Working closely with our Producers on technical planning and decisions.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and constantly experimenting, learning, and improving.
- Mentoring junior, mid and other senior developers to help them improve and grow their skills and capabilities.
You are someone who
- Has a Computer Science qualification or equivalent experience
- Has a deep understanding of data structures and how they are implemented to solve problems
- Has deep mastery of programming concepts, regardless of the specific programming language you have experience with
- Applies reasoned logic when solving problems
- Is pragmatic and looks for ways to make things easier
- Follows your curiosity to challenge how things are done and can work through problems
- Is highly collaborative and can develop empathy when considering different perspectives
- Has provided technical leadership across projects and have first-hand experience crafting end-to-end solutions and designing complex backend systems
- Can confidently lead technical discussions with clients
- Has a bias toward action and applying proven principles and experience to deliver
- Invests in your learning and actively promotes sharing knowledge and experimenting with new tools
A few benefits
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business
- Guide our technology choices on projects, working with a great combination of technologies (React, React Native, iOS: Swift, Android: Java, CraftCMS, Node and AWS
- When we’re back; a bright, open warehouse space in Collingwood, nearby heaps of great coffee spots and places to eat and drink. For the time being, the option to work from home
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
If you’re a recruiter, thanks for thinking of us. We’re going to have a shot at this ourselves first and will reach out if we need some help. In the meantime, we ask that you don’t contact us regarding applicants for this role.