Mobile Developer - Android
Our team is known for designing and developing high-quality digital products. We are continuing to grow our mobile capability and are looking for an experienced Android Developer who can deliver exceptional mobile experiences for well known leading brands.
Join us in our bright, open warehouse space in Collingwood in an inquisitive, creative and supportive team. We’re moving into an exciting period of growth. We want to add to our team people who are smart, passionate about digital, quick to adapt and learn new technology and who enjoy working with - and helping others - do their best work.
This is a permanent role, however, we are open to talking to contractors.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with a project team from concept through to delivery, managing your time over one or more projects.
- Produce well-structured code that is valid, tested and of a high production standard. Participate in design and code reviews.
- Build native Android bridges for React Native codebases.
- Debug and resolve Android specific bugs.
- Apply your mobile knowledge to create apps with React Native.
- Stay up to date with the latest mobile technology and continuously experiment and learn.
- Contribute to technical discussions with both the team and clients.
We’re looking for someone with…
- Commercial experience developing native Android apps
- Experience with resilient software design (i.e., offline support and error recovery)
- Experience with CI, deployment and monitoring tools
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable and testable code
- An understanding of software design patterns & workflows such as functional programming, immutable data, and test-driven-development
- The ability to solve problems, individually and within a team, applying reasoned logic
- An investment in your learning and a demonstration of your ability to experiment and pick up new tools, platforms, and language
- Good communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical information
- Experience with version control (Git / GitHub)
- Understanding and application of Material Design
- Experience building solutions using some or all of Java, RxJava, Kotlin, Gradle, JUnit/Espresso, Dagger, Android Architecture ComponentsPrevious experience deploying Android apps to production
It would be excellent but not essential if you have:
- iOS experience
- Tech leadership with experience providing direction on projects team and clients
- A sound understanding of React Native or React
What’s in it for you?
- A team of smart, dedicated people who are passionate about building and sharing their knowledge
- A great open plan workspace in our converted Collingwood warehouse, nearby heaps of great restaurants, cafes, and bars
- Access to a $1,000 annual learning fund to take up learning opportunities
- We care about building trusted relationships with our clients, and you’ll get exposure to a variety of clients and projects
- An inclusive and welcoming culture where people are interested in hearing about all things, big and small (but mainly big)