Senior AEM Developer
Team: The Thompsons /
Here at Inlight, we’re a digital product agency leveraging strategy, design and technology to solve complex and interesting business challenges. We're passionate about working alongside our clients and create well considered digital products & experiences that deliver maximum impact for our clients and their users.
We're looking for an experienced AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) Developer to join the team at Inlight. Someone who can confidently shape AEM projects and spearhead the adoption of AEM Cloud as an offering for our clients.
This is a role where you can have broad and significant impact, helping work on solutions that optimally utilise the AEM product suite, support client strategy and requirements, and continue to build AEM capability and processes within our team.
We're strong believers that our people, not technology, produce the best outcomes. You'll join forces with 50+ friendly Inlighters who work flexibly between home and our brand new Clifton Hill office, which is purpose built with hybrid work being central to its design.
A typical day will involve
- Working collaboratively with a project team from concept through to delivery, and independently driving your own work forward,
- Creating reliable and maintainable solutions and writing clean and testable object-oriented code in Java,
- Providing technical expertise to help guide our team and building trust and credibility with our clients,
- Reviewing PRs and assisting other devs with complex technical questions and bug fixes,
- Working closely with our Producers and Engineering Managers on technical planning and decisions,
- Mentoring junior, mid and other senior developers to help them improve and grow their skills and capabilities, particularly in AEM.
You are someone who
- Has significant development experience in Adobe AEM
- Has a detailed understanding of Adobe core components, Maven, OSGi, Sling, JCR, and associated integrations.
- Has experience working with the wider Experience Cloud services such as Adobe Target, Analytics, and Audience Manager
- Has experience around installations, CI/CD, version control, branching and code management in AEM
- Has sound working knowledge of modern front-end technologies and tooling integrations with both AEM and REST APIs.
- Applies reasoned logic when solving problems
- Is pragmatic and looks for ways to make things easier.
- Follows curiosity to challenge how things are done and can work through problems.
- Is highly collaborative and can develop empathy when considering different perspectives
- Has provided technical leadership across AEM projects and first-hand experience crafting end-to-end solutions.
- Can confidently lead technical discussions with clients.
- Has a bias toward action and applying proven principles and experience to deliver.
- Invests in your learning and actively promotes sharing knowledge and experimenting with new tools.
For the back-end, we use serverless architecture and NodeJS to serve REST and GraphQL APIs. We also use Craft CMS, MySQL, Docker, and DatoCMS for hosting CMS solutions. We use several AWS products and infrastructure, including Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront RDS, DynamoDB, and Lambda. We also work with Terraform, CDK, and Serverless. For project builds, we use Github for our repositories and builds. We're proud to be a Vercel partner, too.
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business,
- Plenty of flexibility to work where works for you, and a bright, open warehouse space in Clifton Hill that you can access and work from when you want - and when makes sense for our team and our clients,
- Work on complex and interesting projects that create genuine value for the people who use them,
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund,
- Since we are a remote friendly workplace, we offer a $1,000 stipend to spend on your home setup,
- Wellbeing days and work life balance in an engaged, fun, supportive and informal work environment.
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
If this looks like a role that excites you, apply today. Would you like to know more? Check in with our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our careers page: https://inlight.com.au/careers