Senior Full Stack Developer (2023)
Here at Inlight, we’re a digital product agency leveraging strategy, design and technology to solve complex and interesting business challenges. We're passionate about working alongside our clients and create well considered digital products & experiences that deliver maximum impact for our clients and their users.
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to be involved in building exciting and complex digital products from concept through to delivery and work collaboratively with a talented team of developers, designers, producers and strategists.
Our frameworks and activities support and foster creative thinking, but are lean and flexible enough they don’t slow us down or make us jump through hoops. We’re strong believers that our people, not technology, produce the best outcomes. You'll join forces with 45+ friendly Inlighters who work flexibly between home and our brand new office in Clifton Hill, purpose built with hybrid work being central to its design.
What we care about
Create digital experiences that solve a genuine human need, and have a positive impact on the people that use themWorking in partnership with our clients to create a tangible impact on their business
Offering a team a strong sense of ownership and accountability
Building a team that’s aligned to our values, without needing everybody to think or sound the same
Supporting the growth and learning of our people with defined progression frameworks, coaching, and individual learning fund and regular knowledge sharingIntentionally creating the environments, tooling and connected ways of working that supports our team to create results (and have some fun) in a way that works for them
Although we follow the hybrid model, we care about our culture and encourage social team engagement to preserve connection and internal relationships
As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Inlight, you produce well structured-code that is valid, tested and of a high production standard, and provide technical input to help guide our team and build trust and credibility with our clients. On a typical day, you’ll be driving your own work forward and work closely with our producers on technical planning and decisions, reviewing PRs and assisting other devs with technical questions and bug fixes. You should be able to contribute to new and innovative solutions whilst staying up to date with new technologies by experimenting, learning and improving.
A willingness and ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies, and to thrive and assume responsibility in complex, ambiguous environments is essential.
You're someone who
- Has at least 5-8 years’ experience working as a team with a variety of front-end and back-end languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries
- Has a Computer Science qualification or equivalent experience
- Has deep expertise within at least one programming environment, and is proficient in at least one other environment from a different discipline (front end, back end, infrastructure / devops, mobile)
- Collaborates to improve the technical and delivery practices of the team
- Understands and makes well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs; avoids over-engineering, while actively maintaining a high standard of quality
- Produces functionally correct, well-tested and appropriately documented code, and takes responsibility for deployment, security, maintenance, operations; ensures their work delivers real value to customers
- Consistently takes ownership of substantial features or entire projects; known for independently and reliably taking these from concept all the way to production
- Knows how to proactively identify problems with requirements for their own and adjacent work, and communicates these issues early to help course-correct
- Invests in relationships across the business and has a strong positive influence on team and company culture
- Follows curiosity to challenge how things are done and can work through problemsIs a team player and enjoys collaborating and sharing ideas and knowledge with your peers
- Can develop empathy when considering different perspectivesInvests in learning and enjoys experimenting with new tools and technologies.
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
Interested? If this sounds like a role that’d challenge and excite you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply via the link or have a chat with Malou (Talent) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inlight Glassdoor reviews