Come join our design team, as a Senior Designer. We are passionate about the work we deliver and equally about the experience our clients have in working with us.
We are seeking a Senior Designer, who is equal parts thinker and maker. Our team enjoy the process of collaboration and we're seeking someone who also thrives during the making and co-design stage. You'll be someone who understands the value of their contribution, with a big picture outlook that doesn’t just see the button, the colour, the ‘thing’ in isolation - but appreciates where the output fits in overall and what the overarching ‘problem’ being addressed is. You'll enjoy applying original thought to sometimes institutionalised issues, with innerhent curiosity, with examples of novel, surprising and exciting work.
We are invested in a team culture where you’ll be inspired by interesting work, great clients and an investment in your professional development and wellness. This is a terrific opportunity for the right individual who wants to see their work ‘in the wild’, improving the lives of the end user. With tangible deliverables and a pace that’s both fast and dynamic.
With lots of scope to contribute to this evolving design practice, adaptability is crucial, with the need for pragmatic appreciation for development restraints, timelines and the co-design process with clients. A rigidity in view or purist mentality, that creates roadblocks won’t fly.
In terms of technical skills we’re seeking a UI/UX generalist with experience of digital design practices including concepting, ideation, wireframing and prototyping. You’ll have knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Zeplin, Keynote, Principle. If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we’d love to get to know you.
You are someone who
- Has experience as a digital designer, ideally within a services environment, or a start-up or internal digital team.
- Has experience working on digital projects of various sizes and complexity, both within a team and autonomously.
- Has a good understanding of UX patterns and digital design trends.
- Has a good understanding of the design process and an ability to educate others of the role of design within projects.
- Can persuasively communicate with the ability to compellingly present concepts and justify design decisions.
- delivers excellence in digital design practices including concepting, ideation, wireframing and prototyping.
- Has a love of crafting and delivering beautiful and intuitive user interfaces.
- Has experience in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Zeplin, Keynote, Principle, etc.
A few Benefits
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business
- A bright, open warehouse space in Collingwood, nearby heaps of great coffee spots and places to eat and drink
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
If you’re a recruiter, thanks for thinking of us. We’re going to have a shot at this ourselves first and will reach out if we need some help. In the meantime, we ask that you don’t contact us regarding applicants for this role.