Senior Back End Developer
• Excellent team & company culture,
• Chance to work on challenging & impactful projects for clients like Nando’s, Linfox, ahm, Vicinity, and more…
• Plenty of ownership of projects,
• Growth & learning focussed environment with clear progression pathways and support,
• Lots of exciting work lined up,
• Flexible working within a supportive & friendly team,
• Join us in our brand new office in Clifton Hill, purpose built with hybrid work being central to its design.
Inlight is a digital services business leveraging strategy, design and technology to solve complex and intriguing business challenges. We are passionate about working in partnership with our clients, helping them leverage digital to enhance their business, deliver real outcomes and co-create exciting, product led growth journeys.
Our teaming structure means you will collaborate closely across a range of other disciplines. You’ll join forces with a team of #goodhumans including designers, developers and strategists where you’ll hone your skills and discover the personal and professional growth to take your career to the next level.
You’ll be driven by interesting work and collective success, working with smart people and pushing the boundaries of what our clients need and what technology can deliver. At Inlight we believe that people, not technology, produce the best outcome. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, proactive and creative team who can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Back-end Developer to be involved in building exciting and complex digital products from concept through to delivery and work collaboratively with a talented team of developers. You’ll produce well structured-code that is valid, tested and of a high production standard and provide technical input to help guide our team and build trust and credibility with our clients. On a typical day, you’ll be driving your own work forward and work closely with our producers on technical planning and decisions, reviewing PRs and assisting other devs with technical questions and bug fixes. You should be able to contribute to new and innovative solutions whilst staying up to date with new technologies by experimenting, learning and improving.
We work with a number of different technologies to suit the individual challenges faced by our clients.
We use React Native for app development, as well as Swift and Java for hardware-specific solutions.
Inlight utilises AWS products and infrastructure. We value experience with AWS, including Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront RDS, DynamoDB, and Lambda, as well as experience using Terraform, CDK and Serverless.
Inlight is a Vercel partner, and any experience using Vercel or NextJS will be highly beneficial.
Any further experience with caching, logging, monitoring, testing, deployment, or any other areas is a bonus. We understand we’re all on individual journeys so you may not have all the skills. That’s ok - we are always learning, and we hope that you are too.
You're someone who
- Has at least 3 to 4 years' experience with a variety of back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries,
- Has experience of working with agile methodologies and tools,
- Has a Computer Science qualification or equivalent experience,
- Has provided technical leadership across projects and have first-hand experience crafting end-to-end solutions and designing complex backend systems,
- Applies reasoned logic when solving problems,
- Is pragmatic and looks at ways to make things easier,Follows curiosity to challenge how things are done and can work through problems,
- Is a team player and enjoys collaborating and sharing ideas and knowledge with your peers,
- Can develop empathy when considering different perspectives,
- Can confidently contribute to technical discussions with the team and clients,
- Invests in learning and enjoys experimenting with new tools and technologies.
A few more benefits
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business,
- Work on complex and interesting projects that create genuine value for the people who use them,
- You'll get your own MacBook and will be surrounded by all the modern and latest tech,
- Work with a great combination of technologies (React, React Native, iOS: Swift, Android: Java, CraftCMS, Node and AWSOur team’s learning is important to us,
- You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund,
- Since we are a remote friendly workplace, we offer a $1000-WFH stipend to spend on your home set up,
- A wellbeing day to support mental health,
- Supportive parental leave policy.
Our values articulate our culture. They describe what is meaningful to us, make clear our standards and expected behaviours, help us guide our decisions and solutions and help us navigate new challenges. Individually and collectively, we;
Care and support each other
Always learn, always improve
Show curiosity with purpose
Commit to impact
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
Ready to join the Inlight team?
If you like the sound of this and you’d love to join our team, apply via the link. Don’t forget to link any work in your resume you may want to share. For further enquiries, feel free to reach out to Malou (Talent) at email@example.com