We are looking for a needle in the haystack - could that be you?
Are you a passionate, curious and thoughtful Quality Analyst, who is genuinely invested in your career?
You'll be take steps to actively learn in the Quality and Testing field, we’re not just talking tools and platforms; we’re talking approaches and thought leadership. You’ll spend time exploring how other companies approach quality and testing, because you know there are always new things to learn and because you love what you do.
You'll be equally comfortable across both manual and automation testing disciplines, with experience working as a lone tester or smaller company environment. If you've had exposure to Session-based testing or other exploratory testing techniques, then we'd love to hear from you. If you haven't but are keen to learn (and have taken steps to inform yourself already) - then we'd love to chat too.
In return, you'll join a company with a vision for delivering high-quality digital work for our clients with the thinking and design to match. A smart team, an enviable tech stack, a proven and repeatable framework for delivery, and the chance to work with a genuinely lovely bunch of humans.
You'll help us maintain and improve the quality of our work by evolving our delivery practices and championing quality at all stages of the project delivery lifecycle.
We’re keen to meet people who care about improving quality and building high-quality products as well as testing. By promoting good software development practices, we are looking to produce quality software the first time around, rather than only relying on fixing mistakes in the product.
If this sounds like fun to you, we’d love to chat.
A typical day may involve
- Championing quality within project teams, providing coaching and support across projects
- Building trust and providing thought leadership to guide clients on software quality and testing
- Delivering an exceptional client experience through a confident, positive and creative problem-solving mindset
- Helping to define and estimate new projects
- Helping to produce and improve feature definition
- Providing input and feedback on designs
- Working with the delivery team to create effective test plans
- Performing test sessions which may involve:
- Reporting bugs
- Post-deployment monitoring and problem solving
- Exploratory testing
- Cross-device and browser, as well as responsive testing
- Functional testing
- Load testing
- Test Automation
- Test data generation
You are someone who
- Has experience in software testing and quality assurance across complex projects
- Has meticulous attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- Is pragmatic and looks for ways to make things easier
- Is inclined to follow your curiosity and challenge how things are done and can work through problems
- Has a bias toward action and applying proven principles and experience to deliver
- Takes the lead, and enjoys coaching, inspiring and motivating people
- Invests in your learning and actively promotes sharing knowledge and experimenting with new toolsIs highly collaborative and can develop empathy when considering different perspectives
- Deals well with ambiguity and can push ahead in spite of not having all the information
A few benefits
- The ability to have a broad and significant impact in a growing and proudly independent business
- Work with a great combination of technologies (React, React Native, iOS: Swift, Android: Java, CraftCMS, Node and AWS
- A bright, open warehouse space in Collingwood, nearby heaps of great coffee spots and places to eat and drink
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund
Diversity is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
If you’re a recruiter, thanks for thinking of us. We’re going to have a shot at this ourselves first and will reach out if we need some help. In the meantime, we ask that you don’t contact us regarding applicants for this role.